Monday, April 25, 2011

April 25th, 2011

William's first Easter has come and gone. I can’t wait for him to get here so he can see and know all of the wonderful joys that Easter encompasses. Francis and I went to Tyler on Thursday. For as long as I can remember, my family has camped out Easter weekend with my parents’ Sunday school class. We made it in late Thursday night and set up camp. It was a lot of fun and so many wonderful people were there. They all cannot wait to meet William! Francis and I watched the Easter egg hunt and I took pictures as others dyed eggs. We even made out yearly pilgrimage to Mercado’s restaurant. I am so glad William likes Mexican food! We had a sunset service on Friday night where we put nails in a wooden cross to symbolize things we needed to give over to God. Sunday we had a “sunrise” service at 10 am and had the Lord’s Supper.
My mother is very frustrated. She must have a calming effect on William because every time he starts kicking, he stops when she touches my stomach. Christian and Danielle both got to feel him this weekend, but not my mom! She says that she guesses she will be the one to put him to bed at night since she has that soothing effect.  Oh! And the strangest thing happened on Saturday, William rolled over and in the middle of my perfectly round little stomach was a bump. I think it was his head, but it might have been his rump sticking out. It weirded out Danielle and Francis, who could see it.
Sunday Francis and I drove to Dallas right after the service. We had lunch with Cyndy, Chris, Abby, Nana, Uncle Jim, and Frankie’s parents. It was an excellent meal. Then we drove back to Austin. I think William must like riding in the car, because he moves around a lot. Not in an annoyed “get me out of here” way, but kind of like he is on a roller coaster going “weee!”. He moves a bunch, but the movements are soft. I may be delusional, but I imagine if he didn’t like me being in the car, he would try to make me as uncomfortable as possible…
Only a little while longer and I will find out if my suspicion is correct. So exciting!

1 comment:

  1. We loved spending Easter with you. Glad you know who to go to when sweet William needs a nap.

    ReplyDelete