Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19th, 2011

So, life seems to come in waves. So much has happened in the past week.

First off, Rebecca Heard changed her name to Rebecca Browne. Yes, she tied the knot with Mr. David on Saturday. I went to Abilene late Thursday night and found myself in the middle of a backdrop-making party. The reception site was surrounded by a less than attractive corrugated rusted metal wall, and so Rebecca and company had created a backdrop to cover it. The result was beautiful, but I could tell it took a lot of work! Friday, I got up and we (Rebecca, Rachael, Melissa and I) went shopping for last minute wedding things. At 1 O'clock we had the Bridesmaids' Luncheon where we met up with the rest of the wonderful ladies in Rebecca's life. We ate at Hickory Street Cafe, which reminded me a lot of where I had my Bridesmaids' Luncheon. It was a wonderful time. We spent the afternoon and first part of the evening setting up for the reception at Lytle Cove Cottage, and then had the rehearsal at 6. I got to put my wedding planning skills into action and help run the rehearsal, which was a lot of fun. We had BBQ for dinner and then it was back to work. At the end of the day, the girls staying at the Cottage for the night gathered around and told stories about Rebecca. It was a sweet way for Rebecca to spend her last evening as a single woman.

The wedding ended up being beautiful. The Bridesmaids' dresses were all different shades of purple, and since I was the Matron of Honor, I had the second darkest color (Maroon) after Rachael (the Maid of Honor). I cried, of course, but at least I didn't sob. Francis videoed the wedding, but he promised me that he zoomed in far enough that you couldn't see me during the ceremony. William started to kick me during the ceremony because he was excited, but I think I managed to hide my surprise at each little thump. I got to see many wonderful people at the reception and most of all, I got to see my friend be the happiest I have ever seen her. I guess William has already been in his first wedding. I have pictures to prove it.

We came back late Saturday night (it was a long day!).Sunday we cleaned the house and tried to get the nursery as finished as possible for Nana and Uncle Jim (Francis's grandmother and Uncle). They came Sunday evening and stayed with us until today. It was wonderful to visit with them. Yesterday, I took Nana and Uncle Jim to tour the State Capital. Congress is in session right now and we actually got to see the House vote on a bill. It passed. I really like our State Capital. It is beautiful. Today, Nana went with me to my doctor's appointment. Guess what? They did another ultrasound! Have I mentioned how much I love my doctor? Nana got to see William move around, swallow, and play with his hands and feet. His little heart was just beating away. They confirmed (once again) that he was a boy. Nana got to keep a bunch of pictures and now she knows exactly what is on them. It is so much easier to tell each body part when you can see it move around. I am so glad she got to see it!

So, that's my news. Oh, and I think I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment