Thursday, August 9, 2018

August 9, 2018

There is a robe hanging in my laundry room. Not a bath robe or anything like that; it's much more special. In many ways it represents the last ten years but especially the last three. Out of our ten years of marriage, Francis has been in school 5 of those, and tomorrow he graduates with his doctorate in Aerospace Engineering. As I stare at the maroon and black regalia, I reflect on the long amazing road that God has brought us down. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

For our 10 year anniversary, Francis got me a family portrait on canvas and I got his a letter of my memories. It was long and made him tear up, and he is glad to have that record of our life together. We had dinner at Olive garden with the kids (yay no cooking!) and had a quiet evening.

Friday we went to play group. It was one of the last ones with our Sunday school....excuse me our Life Group... class because school is starting up and most of the kids are school aged or going to mother's day out on Fridays. Saturday we hit up home depot for their kid's craft time. We cleaned the car, did the lawn and completed as many chores as we could. Sunday we took it easy after church. Even that requires some energy because the kids never stop!

Monday we had a fun time at the Browers' house,  Tuesday the library, and yesterday we went to a CC playdate at the new church playground. Today I'm being short and sweet so I can get some cleaning done (we'll see how that goes) and possibly go somewhere this afternoon so the kids can get out all their energy. Pray for us as tomorrow is a big and very busy day. We will hit the ground running at 8 and likely not stop until bedtime. It's going to be a sweet, memorable time.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment