Thursday, August 2, 2018

August 2, 2018

This week has been busy. Last Thursday after picking up the middle kids from church, we went ot pick up William from Urban Air trampoline Park. William announced he wanted to do this for his birthday in a couple of weeks. I told him it was way too expensive. I realized that his pass from the morning was good for all day and that they had a special going for kids 5 and under. I told him if he wanted to do his birthday activity right then, we could stay until dinner. He jumped for joy and so did Hannah and Robert. We stayed nearly 5 more hours (bringing William's total time there all day to nearly 8 hours). They had a blast with the ninja warrior course, the tubes, the overhead roped course, the trampolines, the climbing walls, slides, and so much more. I was exhausted just watching and Andrew slept through most of it. It was a long but good day.

Friday we went to playgroup at the children's museum. The kids played with friends for over 3 hours. You think they'd be tired, but nope! My kids might as well be wind up toys, haha. So full of energy! Friday afternoon was Hannah's 3 year check up. She's 37 inches and over 30 lbs. She's moved up to the 50th and 42 percentile in each (up from 42 and 21 respectively). She's healthy and thriving. she and the doctor had a nice chat about favorite colors and pretty dresses and princesses. I love our doctor and how she really cares.

Saturday William, Robert, and Francis went up to church for a workday with the media ministry. I went on a cleaning rampage (my body made me pay for it later), and then took Hannah and Andrew to the new Crepe place in town: Sweet Paris. It's hard and slightly scary to take a newborn and a 3 year old to a new restaurant by yourself, but I wanted to do something special with Hannah. Hannah got all dressed up from head to toe. She was adorable. We ordered a savory crepe and a dessert crepe as well as a waffle for Hannah. All three were completely devoured by the two of us. The food was delicious!!

Sunday we had church, class lunch and a brief time at home. That evening our Robert had his Big Kid graduation from the preschool wing at church. Oh, be still my heart! It was just Francis, Robert and I (and Andrew sleeping in the stroller in the corner). They fed us snack food that you can pack in your lunch and gave each child a lunch box. Robert got to announce he would be home-schooled and stand up with all the other now Kindergartners. I made it through mostly without tearing up, especially because he is so excited to be on the same side of the building as William. You are going to do great things, my Robert. I'm so blessed to be able to watch.

Monday we had our first CC play date of the year. It was up at church at their new indoor playground. The kids had fun and the mommas got to catch up on what's been going on over the summer. Tuesday we had our last summer Bible Study. It was Robert's last time on the preschool side of the building before promotion Sunday this week. My baby is growing up! Yesterday we went to the library and somehow stayed for story time. Today we had a play date with William's friend....William (and his sister and mom). It was fun and I'm glad we were able to set it up!

Today Francis and I have been married 10 years. It's passed in the blink of an eye. Ten years, nine million laughs and giggles, eight thousand times things didn't go as planned, seventy times seven "I love yous",  six(teen) yearly family trips, five Canadian vacations, four kids, three houses, two people, and one love-- After everything, I'd still choose him again in a heartbeat. I love you, Francis. Happy Anniversary.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment