Friday, December 2, 2016

December 2, 2016

Been 2+ weeks since I was last able to post. A lot has happened. We dealt with the flooding issue in our house. It was the shower drain seal. We have yet to replace the floor padding, but at least we are dry.

We had my niece and nephew's 1st birthday party two weeks ago today. It was fun to play with them and spend time with the whole family including Japapa. We spent most of the week in Dallas. I attended a wedding shower for a childhood friend of mine: Jordan Schultz. My birthday was the Tuesday. After visiting many malls that week ( including one to get my birthday present which was a new iPhone 7, woo hoo!), we went to yet another mall to get a small crack fixed on my phone face. We had pizza that night at the house and an amazing red velvet bundt cake at my parents' house. Ashley even came over! We then played games and talked. It was a good time.

Thanksgiving was good. Francis, the kids and I drove up to Aunt Bup's house. My parents, Aunt Bup, Uncle Don, my cousin Linsey and her family, and Tom's mother were the sum total of our Thanksgiving this year. It was a cozy gathering and I won't complain about that. We were able to watch the cowboys win before Francis, the kids and I packed up and drove straight to San Antonio. It was a long drive and we got in just before midnight. The next morning we walked along the river walk and had lunch before my in-laws, and Cyndy, Chris and Abby arrived. We had an exciting time watching the Riverwalk parade. The following morning we took family pictures and went to Sea World. We enjoyed Christmas lights, shows and dinner with Santa. The kids know Santa isn't real, but they enjoyed the food and story time.

Once we got home on Sunday, we put up all the Christmas decorations and re-discovered all we bought on clearance last year. We got some neat stuff and the house looks festive. I love celebrating the coming of Jesus!

This week we have started to wrap up our fall activities. We have one more Tuesday of  CC school, but we've already had our last MOMs yesterday. It all went so fast! I've been wrapping presents and getting gifts. I am almost done with both and look forward to relaxing and soaking in the true meaning of Christmas so that I may share the love of Christ with the world.

Thursday evening we had Night in Bethlehem at Church. The kids enjoyed talking to Mary and Joseph, petting animals, decorating cookies, wrapping flowers, making ornaments, shopping at the market and reading the book they got about Jesus when we got home. I was especially amazed at how fully Hannah was able to participate in everything. She knew what was going on, followed directions and complete the tasks. She's growing up so much!

Well, Hannah is up from her (short) nap, so I guess that's it for now. The kids are doing great. They are learning like crazy and make me smile with how kind they are to one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment