Thursday, November 17, 2016

November 17, 2016

This week has been a whirlwind. I'll be brief.

We have had a plumbing issue this week. I found water in our house and with a number of people in and out of here (including one scam artist that God thankfully allowed us to stop before he ripped into our walls...), we have yet to find the problem. The leak detection unit comes out tomorrow. Whatever they find I pray it is easily fixable. So far the damage was not as extensive as it could have been and we are not out too much money. We will see after tomorrow if that still holds true.

The kids have been great through all of this. Everything is off (our schedule, our water, where we have been sleeping), but they have been troopers. I thank God for them. I am exhausted, but I can see His hand in this and I will continue to try to look up and see Him when my heart sinks. Some positive things that have come from this: 1. I am being forced not to sweat the small stuff as we being this holiday season. 2. Francis will never doubt my sense of smell again (it's super sensitive and I could smell the water before we found it) 3. I have an ever growing respect for those without running water. You are seriously amazing. I have been filling up pitchers each morning as we turn on water for showers and then turning it off for the day. That's challenging enough. 4. I am getting the opportunity to show my children grace under trials. I haven't been doing the best job all of the time, but with His help, I am able to come back from the edge of my sanity and show love. 5. I am seeing God's hand in a way I would not have otherwise.

That's all for now. This mess has seriously consumed the week and I have so much to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment