Thursday, December 8, 2016

December 8, 2016

It's been a busy week. This past weekend m-laws came here, despite the nasty weather and took the kids' little F150 truck to my parents house so the kids can use it when we are in Dallas. It wasn't getting much use here, and they love driving around on Papa's land. I'm thankful Francis's parents made the drive. we were having a hard time finding a way to transport it.

Tuesday was our last Classical Conversations class of 2016. The moms brought treats for the kids to enjoy after lunch and a special table was set up where the kids could eat. William's tutor (teacher) gave him a bag of goodies for Christmas and he got her a gift in return. It had been a good semester. I am excited when we start back up in January!

I've been wrapping presents, shopping, mailing Christmas cards, and basically trying to wrap up all the "housecleaning" type things associated with Christmas. Although these things are good, I much more enjoy the time with family, laughing around the Christmas tree, the food, and the actual giving and receiving of gifts. Nowadays I find I most like the reading of the Christmas story and worship time Christmas Eve. I tear up even thinking about it. This is a season of Joy. May we spread His joy throughout this season and all year long.

Hannah decided Sunday that she is going to start potty training. Sunday morning she grabbed the potty seat, climbed on and peed on the potty. That afternoon she did the same only pooped. I can take a hint. She's had one accident per day since we started training Sunday, and it's usually when I forget or am unable to take her. I just hope all the travelling in the coming weeks doesn't undo all her hard work! Her hair is getting longer. I can now put it up into mini pony or pig tails. It is super adorable. Hannah is also talking so much more! She parrots words back at me all the time and uses words appropriately that I didn't know she knew. She is following simple directions, sharing (most of the time), and playing nicely (also most of the time). Her two new favorite things to do are sit at the table and eat from a toddler plate (not the high chair tray in the highchair), and dance when music is playing. While I do wish she were still eating in her high chair with a tray, the latter it adorable. Since Robert loves to dance continuously also, they are making quite the dynamic duo. I'll have to get  a video next time.

Robert has been growing again. He is fully in 3T pants with only a couple being too long/wide for him. He is getting even better at his joke telling and comedic timing. He gets sweeter everyday. He is forming his own opinion about things much to William's chagrin. Sometimes he now tells William "no". It's nuts. He is getting much better at discerning truth from fiction and is striving to be honest as much as he can. This is music to my ears. Robert is also so smart. He knows all the history sentences, Latin, and English even though he wasn't in class with William this semester. He picked up solely from the CD and hearing us talk. I'm so impressed by his memory. He's already learned so much!

William has been diligent with his school work and we are still on track to finish in April. He asks tough questions, connects ideas like you wouldn't believe and always wants to know more. He is also a master of all his memory work from this semester. When he hears something, like someone mention Russia, he immediately says, "I know Russia, it has Moscow! I also know a sentence about the history of Russia..." and then he recites it. I like to see him learning, but on occasion I have to make him wait so whatever is going on can finish. He's learning to wait, yet another life skill.

Well, rest time has prematurely come to an end. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment