Thursday, November 10, 2016

November 10, 2016

It's been busy around here.
Friday was the last Junction (Parent's night out) of 2016. Francis and I miraculously made it to Dinner at Red Lobster and to see Dr. Strange in Theaters (even after the first place we went was sold out!) Were it not for the previews and us leaving without seeing the extra scenes, we would have missed the beginning of the movie and picked up our kids late. We literally had 2 minutes to spare for each. Good times. It was a blast though, and I enjoy adventures with Francis.

This weekend we attended a party for two of the kids' friends. It was carnival themed and oh so cute! Sunday we got back into our Church/short break/AWANAs routine. Time change seemed to have no effect in our house because the kids were up so late Friday that we just let them stay off. Usually it's the end of the world. It's the small things that make the most difference!

Monday we did the grocery store, Tuesday was CC. It has finally gotten cooler but the temperature drop has brought with it the rain. For the most part the rain hasn't messed up our schedule too much, but thankfully it seems to have let up today in favor of sunshine. Wednesday I told the boys the elections results as we had been talking about the election the night before, and William wanted to know who to add to his Presidents Song (he has the presidents memorized in order). William was happy that all the maps were so red (his favorite color). I gave him a lesson on the branches of government and what would happen in January. He was very interested. Also Wednesday the boys got haircuts and then we went to story time at the library. The Brazos Valley Bombers were there with their mascot Kaboom (a baseball). The kids had fun hugging and high fiving him after hearing some books. Today we went to Hobby Lobby, Toys R Us and our friend Jude's 3rd Birthday party. It was lunch at a local Mexican food restaurant, and the kids had fun on the playground both before and after food.

I've been trying to get as much stuff done as possible for Christmas before I leave for Thanksgiving week. Why? It makes me enjoy December instead of stressing. I say every year that gift giving is not my love language, but I do my best to make sure my love is shown through what I give. I'm hoping to be mostly done with gifts by December 1st so I can soak in this time of year and so my kids and I can spend time loving each other, learning about the true meaning of Christmas and serving our community. Hopefully. I'll let you know how well that goes.

Hannah had her 15 month check-up last Friday. She is still tall, lean and growing perfectly. She is talking more all the time and comes up with new words or phrases at least every couple of days. She asked, "Dada? Wha (where) dada?" on the way back to the house just now. I told her he was at work but would be home later. I think she understood, and it was super cute!

Robert  and William are also well. Robert is doing better about lying (as far as I know). He still will tell me something that isn't true, but he will correct himself before I get onto him. Our fruit of the spirit this week is Patience. William is very good at reminding his siblings of this fact, but not as eager when it applies to him. Can't say I blame him.

I love these kids. They are not perfect (neither am I), but they are each a delight to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment