Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22, 2016

So much has happened in the past week and a half. I will try to just hit the highlights.

Friday before last we headed to Dallas. Francis got done a tad early so we were able to have a late dinner with his parents. Hannah still screams in her car seat so we were all glad to arrive. Saturday was such a great day. My in-laws, Cyndy, Chris, Abby and the 5 of us went to see The Little Mermaid musical at the theater in Fair Park. We dressed up and Hannah looked like a princess in her huge poofy dress.  All of the kids were great. The boys and Abby watched with great interest as the performers sang and danced. Robert actually sat on his Nana's lap the whole time and I don't think he moved a muscle as he watched with an interested smile. Hannah sang through the first song and then fell asleep on Francis until intermission. She then woke up to nurse and then slept through the second act as well. It was amazing. William said he'd happily go with me again sometime. I love the theater, so hopefully he means it! All in all it was a pretty perfect day with the best in-laws I could have.

Sunday we made it to church despite time change. Whew! We had lunch as Red Lobster with my parents, Danielle and Kevin. It was a fun meal and it was so so good to see the family again. We went shopping at the mall nearby where Hannah got her first pair of shoes. They are pink and purple with flowers and so so cute! She is pulling up and cruising around now, so it's about time she had shoes! Francis headed home early afternoon (he had to get back for research) and the kids and I went over to my parents house for the afternoon and evening. We had pizza, played and the boys even helped my dad weed and auger the land. They are great little helpers, and would make great farmers.

Monday we played with my mom at her house. We even got to see my Ashley! She came over and I got to spend time with one of my best friends. I thank God for her and that sweet time. It was good timing as she got a job now and starts Monday. YAY! Also, my parents had a new play set assembled on their land that day. It was done early afternoon and the kids had a blast climbing and swinging. It will be a fun place for the cousins for years to come. The kids and I met up with my in-laws for dinner that night at Olive Garden. I am so blessed to have parents and in-laws who love my children so much. After dinner, my in-laws played Mario-Kart (or Mario's Kart if you ask William) and then let them have bubble bath. Fun times and fun memories.

Tuesday, my mom, Kevin, the kids and I braved the crowds at the Dallas Zoo. It was Hannah's first trip to the zoo and a good time was had by all (thanks to Kevin for pushing the boys around!). Robert's favorite animal is the Lion, William loves the hippo and Hannah loves anything she was awake to see. We ended our ad venture with Dip n Dots ice cream and the kids all passed out on the way home. We went back to my in-laws and packed up all my stuff and the dogs and headed to my parent's house. William was so out that when he woke up he had no idea that we'd been to Nana and Grandad's house or how the dogs got in the car. Talk about disorienting. That evening Danielle, Christian, Chad, the twins and my dad joined the rest of us for a family dinner. We had some delicious Rudy's and then some of us went swimming. My dad had heated the pool to bath water temp and the boys had a ball. Hannah had never been swimming before, but she was excited as soon as she got in. She splashed and laughed and had such a good time that she eventually nearly fell asleep because she had worn herself out. It was good to see my sisters and have all of us (minus Francis) together. Bonus! Tuesday night is the night Hannah started giving baby kisses. I was sitting in the chair in my parent's living room and she just started giving them to me. Now she will do it whenever I ask. It's completely adorable.

Wednesday Frankie's mom took the day off and met up with my mom, the kids and I at a nearby park. We had fun hanging out with the kids, followed by lunch, playing at a different playground, ice cream and then back to playing. the kids were in grandma paradise. I can't even describe the fun that was had, but it was wonderful, and I was sad to see our time in Dallas coming to a close.

Thursday I drove back with the kids and dogs to meet Francis at our house. It was a long journey, but I made it. Francis had Thursday and Friday off so we lived it up and had a ton of family time. Francis made a gourmet dinner Thursday. Friday we had Hannah's passport application appointment, lunch at Freddy's, and then the kids all took a nap. We decided to go take the kids to see a movie. Movies here are cheap (it was $14.75 with tax for all 5 of us), so we went to see Zootopia. The theater was full when we arrived so we opted for the next showing just a little bit later. It was a smart move as we nearly had the place to ourselves. The boy's got gourmet popcorn, and I got an icee. The kids all did great. It was Hannah's first movie. She got a little fussy and passed out, but she slept right until the end. It was so fun!

Saturday we went to the Easter Egg Hunt at the George Bush Library Museum. It was so exciting (and cold!). There were carnival games, a fire engine, police motorcycles, a huge egg hunt and a bunch of freebies. The boys even got wooden eggs like they would if they were at the white house Easter Egg hunt.

Saturday afternoon through Monday morning, I became very ill. I had a stomach bug with a bunch of strange complications. Francis and the boys did a great job taking care of me, and I am thankful for them. I was so thankful I actually managed to make hot chicken and authentic poutine (squeaky cheese and all) for dinner last night. It was gooooooood, especially the fries made from scratch.

This week we are getting back into the swing of things. I thought Hannah might have a meltdown when I dropped her off for Bible Study this morning, but she went happily and even kissed me over and over when I picked her up. Dallas was fun, but it's good to be home and healthy. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment