Thursday, March 10, 2016

March 10, 2016

Robert is 2 1/2 today. I can't even believe it. I am sure just yesterday we brought him home from the Hospital. He is getting so big. he is still as cuddly as ever and he loves his momma more than words. I thank God for him and the carefree, adventurous, sweet boy that he is. His nose is healing nicely and he no longer has black eyes. This poor kid needs to stop having accidents. Saturday he had a run in with a weed eater. Francis was unplugging it when William suddenly grabbed it (after already being told not to touch it repeatedly), and pressed the button. It spun to life and got Robert across the hand and leg. Fortunately Robert had on pants so nothing happened to his leg, but his hand got pretty scraped up. It only got him a few times before it lost power (as I mentioned, Francis was unplugging it). It's healing nicely now, but I would really appreciate no more accidents for a while (or forever!).

William is growing every time I turn around. He is getting good at addition and subtraction up to 20 and is even doing some of the math in his head now. I have mo idea how many sight words he has, but I can see he is making progress all the time. Funny story. William was doing subtraction word problems yesterday where he would have to write the math problem from the paragraph and then answer the problem. I would read the number sentence out loud and ask William the answer. (Like "Seven minus four equals?" and wait for the answer). Every time Robert would enthusiastically chime in "Two!" He was wrong every time. Finally the word problem made it be Four minus two. I read the number sentence aloud and William waited for Robert to answer. We got nothing. So William went on to answer it and then did the last problem where Robert again answered "Two!" (which was wrong). "No buddy, you missed your chance. The last word problem was 2. Here. I'll read the one where the answer is two again just for you. Four minus two is...?" Robert smiled and said, "Three?". William and I about died laughing and Robert just kept smiling like the cat that ate the canary. Oh those kids!

Those boys love their Hannah. William has taught Hannah the word "brother". It is her new favorite word. She says it all the time when she's around the boys. They love it. She used to say "mama", but the other day when I was getting her to say mama, William interrupted with, "no say brother". Hannah happily said brother and they both giggled. I said, "No mama!" and Hannah repeated brother over and over no matter what I tried. I finally said, "Come on Hannah, say mama." Hannah paused for a second, looked straight at me and said, "dada"....followed by peals of laughter from both Hannah and William. I'm surrounded by comedians, ladies and gentlemen. At least they are cute comedians. Hannah is crawling faster all the time and is not beginning to pull up on things and cruise along them...I'm so not ready. She's not steady footed enough just yet for all that she attempts so she has a nice little bruise on her chin from the times I am unable to save her from her own ambition. She'll learn though. I'm glad she's growing healthy, even if it's too fast for my liking. That's all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment