Tuesday, October 20, 2015

October 20, 2015

I've tried to start this blog about 20 times now. I'm having trouble. Perhaps it's the kid in my arms who is almost asleep, but keeps rousing herself and giving me a goofy smile. Perhaps it is the excessive wall banging in the next room from a 2 year old who won't nap. Perhaps it is because it is Tuesday afternoon aka the day I realize how little I got done on Monday. Whatever the reason, please bear with me.
 
Oh my sweet Hannah is just adorable as ever. She can now aim for something and grab it with her hands. She is loving this new ability. She also learned to roll from back to front yesterday. She loves this ability less. When she does it, she yells until I pick her up or roll her back on her back. It's a little funny. Speaking of funny, Hannah has developed a sense of humor. She laughs when she finds something to be funny. The source of most of her giggles: her brothers. Yesterday she laughed for a good 15+ minutes at her brothers jumping up and down on the bed. It was so hilarious she even snorted. It made this momma's heart so happy. Hannah is not only growing mentally and emotionally, she is also growing physically. On Friday she took a 4 hour nap and woke up no longer fitting in her 3 month onesie. As in it would no longer snap when it snapped before nap. She is now (at 2 1/2 months) in 6 month clothes. She's long and lovely!

Robert and the potty training saga continue. He's doing well at home, but up until Sunday would not go for his teachers at church. He even went poop on the potty 3 times this week, including yesterday when he went to the potty all by himself, pooped and then showed me. I did a happy dance for that one. Sunday Robert went on the potty once just fine for his teachers. They asked him a little while later if he needed to go again. He responded yes, pulled down his pants and went in the classroom. I know most every kid (especially boys) does this at some point, and his teachers were good sports. So note to self: be close to the potty when asking Robert to go. Robert is becoming very polite. I gave him the ketchup he asked for at lunch yesterday and he responded with a clear, crisp, unsolicited "thank you". He also says please when asking for things. Quite a little gentleman!

William will be finishing his Math book today. I went ahead and bought the 1st grade book to see how far we get in it before it's too hard. We also have begun reading simple easy readers using William's sight words. He's doing a great job recognizing words and using the picture, letters and context clues to help. We've tried sounding out words but he's not there yet. We've also been talking about God, rules and sin a lot. William has so many questions, and I love that he feels ok asking me. He's memorizing so much scripture and together we talk about what it means. I pray his little heart grows tender to the nudging of the Holy Spirit (as I do for all my children). 

Francis's birthday was Friday. We took him out to Cotton Patch Cafe for dinner, and then let him open presents and cards back home. The boys spent the two previous days making Francis's cake and decorating it. It was a fun lesson on baking and since I have let the boys make and help with the cake for the past 3 years, I guess it is a tradition now. Saturday we had a party with some of the Brower clan to celebrate Francis' 29th birthday. We had pizza and cake,  the kids played and watched a movie, and the adults played settlers of Catan (I won!). It was truly a wonderful time. Happy Birthday, my love!!!! 

That's really all I can type now. I just walked into the boys room and found Robert standing on William's head (William was asleep but is no longer). I guess naptime's a bust! 

Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment