Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015

After a day like Friday before last, you'd think the weekend would have been blown. But thankfully God is gracious and he allowed me to find joy in between moments of distinct sadness.. Saturday before last, the kids and I went to the State Fair of Texas with my mom, sister Danielle, her boyfriend Kevin, my Aunt Camille, and my grandfather Japapa. It was Hannah's first time at the fair. She loved looking around at everything. We did the annual puppet show "world on a string" and Hannah wanted to watch the whole thing "standing" (me holding her with her legs stiff). I tried to nurse her more than once and she would scream at me every time until I would lift her so she could see the show again. Same went for the parade and fireworks show that evening. Hannah's a fan of the fair! The boys had a great time too. they enjoyed the food, shows, and company. William got to go see a museum with Japapa (aka William Thweatt), and the two had a fun time bonding. William came back and told me "That Japapa, he's a cool guy!" It melts my heart to see him enjoying his relatives. Robert was pretty flexible too. My kids are good sports, because we never slowed down!

Sunday afternoon, we attended a babies shower at my mom's house for Christian and Chad. They are having twins and I am so excited to meet Alexandra and Issac. Mom and pop, Japapa, my aunts Bup and Camille, Chad's parents as well as some of my cousins and their kids were there. It was so fun. The theme was Noah's Ark and we played name the baby animal. The cake was a masterpiece by my Aunt Bup. I wish you could have seen it! Chad and Christian got many wonderful gifts, and we were able to pray over them as they embark on this great journey. I look forward to seeing God glorified through them and their family.

After the shower, my cousin Summer and Aunt Bup asked my mom for a tour of the property. As soon as mom had left the house, we quickly took down all the shower decorations and put up birthdya decorations. My mom's birthday was the 10th, but we were not able to be there so we decided to throw her a Frozen/Sound of Music Suprise birthday party. The cake and decorations were adorable (thanks Aunt Bup and Aunt Camille!). When mom came back in, she noticed the decorations were different and we all yelled "Suprise! Happy Birthday!" She was indeed surprised and happily so. We gave her a tiara and a bunch of cards to tell her how much she is loved. The cake had some of her favorite things on it. We gave her tickets to the upcoming Sound of Music show in Dallas. She's a special lady, my mom. I wish I was able to tell her that more often.

This past week has been a blur of trying to get stuff back in order. I think Friday was the first day I managed not to have a major mental breakdown. We managed to get a new car on Friday and it was surprisingly rather painless. We got another 2015 Toyota Sienna that is very similar to the one we had and I really like it. As we were leaving the salesman told me that the car had only come on the lot in the last shipment the Friday before(the same day I totaled the car). I got some goosebumps over God's provision.

Saturday we went with the Phillips' clan to a pumpkin patch outside of Houston. The kids played games and did fall activities. It was hot so we had snowcones, but poor Robert fell asleep just as his Nana got to the front of the line. Don't worry, she bought another for him when he woke up. We finished off the evening having dinner at Cyndy and Chris's house. I had not gotten to see it before, but I like it. It was a good day with good company.

Sunday the boys and Francis all wore matching A&M polos to church. It was so cute. The boys looked so gorwn up and Francis looked so proud.  College Station looks good on them.

Hannah has been growing by leaps and bounds. She is happy and content as can be. She is fine tuning her looking and reaching for things. She can now get the toy on her mat that is above her head. She giggle laughed at me for the first time yesterday afternoon and did it again last night while I was making faces at her. Sweeter sounds you cannot imagine. oh! And She managed to sleep 6 hours straight for the first time Saturday night again again on Sunday night. yaAY! She doesn't really fit in 3 month clothing anymore. I'm trying to get her in them as long as I can. She's growing so fast!!

Robert is doing ok with potty training. He does great at home, but holds it when we are out. The only exception was at the fair. Other than that, he will pretty much only go at people's houses. I am hoping he will go soon for the church workers. He just politely says no and holds it. Poor kid.

William is an ace at subtracting now. We just started a week or so ago. I went ahead and bought the 1st grade math book because he will finish the kindergarten one this week. He's a math whiz!

That's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment