Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

The countdown to baby girl has officially begun (ok so it started a little while ago, but it is getting real now!). If she does not come by Friday, we are scheduled for induction on Friday at 10am. My pain last week was nearly unbearable at times, but it eases off once in a while and I can get some joint relief (and sleep!). I know so many are praying for me and I appreciate it so much. We're almost to the finish line (or rather a whole new starting line!).

This last week was a great one with the boys. I tried to take them everywhere they love just in case little girl were to come early. We went to Mt. Playmore (and man did they play) as well as the Thinkery (Austin Children's museum). Both were great successes and wore them out more than I ever could. Hannah dropped back on June 24th during VBS week, and since then I feel like I have a distinct waddle. My ever growing wideness, coupled with my joint pain and strange walk had made keeping up with the boys a bit of a challenge. I am so thankful for cool kid friendly indoor places as the temperature outside has already reached 100!

This weekend was our last as a family of 4. We sure lived it up! Saturday we went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and then drove to Jackson's 4th birthday party at Pump it up, a huge indoor inflatable facility. Watching the boys run wild for 2 hours in bounce houses was quite a sight. Afterward, William stated emphatically that he wanted his birthday party there too. I told him he was having his party at The Little Gym and he smiled and said, "Oh yeah, after Hannah comes!" It made me smile too. Can't argue with that!

Sunday we went to church, had lunch, came back and napped. Then I almost sent myself into labor...almost. Our Bible Life class won a contest on high attendance Sunday a couple months back and as a result we got to have a party. We chose to go to Main Event. I was initially not going to go, but I thought I could just sit, chat and eat (free food!) and be good. Oh no. The boys ended up on a lane with all the other kids that was a couple lanes over from Francis. This meant Francis couldn't help them much when it was their turn. So Each time I would have to drag out the ramp for the bowling ball, get the ball set up and let the kids push the ball to knock down the pins...twice. The bigger kids helped a bunch, which is good or I might have actually gone into labor. By the end of 2 hours I was at my limit. About the time I thought we were done, I found out we also got free unlimited game cards to play the arcade for the next hour and a half. The boys got even more excited. Francis and I split up and each took a boy to play nearly whatever game he desired. I seriously thought Hannah was coming as contractions kept coming with greater intensity. After an hour (yes I'm nuts) of on and off contractions, I told Francis I really needed to go. The walk to the door was one of the hardest I've ever made, but Francis picked me up at the door and we made it home. Much of the night contractions continued, but they have subsided and I've had none today. The boys had a blast though, and William said it was the best day ever (I know he says that a lot). It was totally worth it and I really had a lot of fun despite the pain, but I think I'll take it easy until my doctor appointment tomorrow. And by easy I mean I still need to clean the house and finish the laundry. At least I already finished grocery shopping this morning! Yeah, ok, I may need to check the definition of taking it easy...lol.

There is still so much to do before Hannah comes! We do have the bassinet set up as well as the bouncer and the swing. some things are ready to be set up as soon as we get home from the hospital. I know everything will work out how it is supposed to. Thanks for reading! I'll update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment