Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Comparing Pregnancies

Although I know you should not compare your children as each is a wonderful creation by God with their own talents and personalities, I do not see any harm in comparing my pregnancies as they are a reflection on me and not my kiddos. Onward.

William and Robert's pregnancies were relatively similar. Each was lacking in morning sickness, and I felt tired at the beginning with both. I had some serious joint pain at the end though much less so with Robert because we induced when the symptoms started to appear. I gained serious weight at the end (all in my stomach) and my belly entered a room hours before the rest of me. Labor with William was significantly longer (3 days vs 12 hours). Both boys came healthy and my healing came in due time and I went back to my original weight.

This time around I had quite a bit of morning sickness. I never vomited, but felt queasy often. I craved salty/spicy things with Robert (no cravings with William), but this time around I cannot get enough sweet things. My joint pain started much earlier this time around and has been more severe than I remember ever having before. I am far more swollen this time around. With theboys I was always able to wear my wedding ring (up to almost the end with Robert and the whole way with William), but I had to give up wearing it this time around months ago and now even my "huge" fake wedding ring in very snug. My doctor warned me they might have to cut it off if it gets stuck. I told her I'd risk the $10 it cost for the ring. So yeah, swollen. I've had way more contractions. I had none with William and only at night with Robert, but my body is very fond of them this time around and throws them at me anytime and anywhere. On the flip side, I've gained the least of all 3 pregnancies this time and I am the smallest I've been at this point for all three. This is particularly interesting when Hannah is expected to weight the most of any of the kiddos at birth, but we'll see! People are actually surprised I am due so soon these past couple of weeks, which is not a reaction I've ever gotten before. I'm still "all belly" according to anyone you talk to, which I have heard over and over every time around. I have actually made it to 3 cm dilated this time around! I've never done that before. I've been starting from a 0 or a 1 1/2 each time before, so I'm hoping this will mean a decrease in labor time. I won't hold my breath though. My kiddos seem very comfy pre-birth even if their momma isn't.

Well, I'm still waiting for Friday and soaking up my time with my two sweet boys in between. They are ready for Hannah to come, but I also know they like this time they get with me. I wouldn't trade any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment