Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2014

It's been an emotional week and a half for me. I won't go into details because a. the meltdowns were almost entirely hormone related, b. you'd think I'm a whiner about NOTHING and probably not want to read my posts again, and c. you'd get bored.

Soooo, let's instead focus on some positives, both for my sanity and yours. We have had no sickness or injuries for a week and a half now! this is the first time since a week before Christmas that this has been true. Hallelujah! To God be the glory for this.

Robert has recently become very interested in building and construction. as soon as he has finished breakfast each morning, he runs over and wants me to open the mega blocks so he can build the tallest tower possible. He does it entirely independently and the structures he creates are very impressive and somewhat Dr. Seuss-like. I also discovered he knows a bunch of sign language. I work on it with him, but he is selective on his reproduction. Well, I made brownies for the widows' valentine's luncheon at church and Robert saw them. He did ever sign he knew to try to get them, even throwing in a please and thank you. You can imagine the meltdown that occurred when he still didn't get any. If he keeps building on his tantrums like this, his "terrible twos" are going to be epic. Let's hope he's already peaked! Robert has also become very clingy as of late. He loves his mommy and daddy and doesn't want to be put down (ever!). It's cute most of the time, especially when he gives that cheesy smile and a kiss with a huge bear hug...but sometimes momma needs to do something and he does not like being put down unless wants it first.It makes for creative maneuvering.

William has taken an interest in writing again. We took a break from "school" from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and are back in the habit now that we are well. William wants to write all sorts of words, and even has taken an interest in typing. We bring the boys up to our Bible Life class on Sundays while we set up the room. This week, William goes, "Mommy, Look!" and he has typed his name in the word processor which has then been projected on the overhead screen. He was so proud and so was I. He went on to type Robert, Mom and Dad. He's getting so big! He also wrote his name on the back of his paper in class on Sunday without anyone telling him too. Even though I know he can do it, he usually tells his teachers it's too hard. But he surprised them and me this week.

I mentioned the Widow's luncheon. I served at the luncheon on Saturday and it was a joy. While I knew some of the ladies at the table I hosted, I got to know others and they warmed my heart. I am at a loss for words really. I think I got more out of it than they did. They were so gracious. Our church is blessed to have such sweet, godly women.

I will mention one of the bad things that has happened this week simply because it is an ongoing problem. We have rats...living in my car (yes in!), our garage, and (cringe) even in the house. I found the evidence on Tuesday that they were in my car (they chewed through a strap in William's car seat and pooped in the back), and then found droppings in the garage as well. We immediately placed down traps/poison, but yesterday there was rat poop in "my spot" on the couch. Yes, I have considered selling my car and house over this...and pretty much every disturbing thought you are thinking I've already had. We have an exterminator coming today. Please pray he is able to fix the problem. I've been holding up ok, but it's only a matter of time before I completely freak out and check into a hotel.

I meet my new OBGYN on wedneday. I pray she is just what I need. My other one was so awesome (but doesn't deliver babies anymore), that this one will have a lot to live up to!!!! Francis will hopefully some with me so he can get a read on her too. The advantage to this Dr is that she delivers at the same hospital as the boys were born. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, that's it for now! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment