Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 25, 2015

Last post for February!

Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Chris. He turns 29 (for the first time) today. My niece Abby had her 4th birthday on Monday. She is such a joyous beam of light, and I pray she grows into the Godly young woman that I know she can be.

We spent Saturday making a day trip to celebrate these two birthday kids. My sister-in-law threw them a joint Disney Princess/ Marvel Superhero birthday bash. It was super cute and I could tell she put in a lot of work. All had a good time. William wore his Captain America costume and had a blast pretending to be a hero. He also got a dragon painted on his arm by the face painter. He was so proud. Robert ran around with the big kids and had a blast. So fun!

The only sad part of the day was that I touched my face at one point and realized it was swollen. Also, touching in made it hurt super bad. As the afternoon wore on, the swelling worsened. By the time I looked in a mirror at dinner, I looked like I had the mumps on my left side. I could barely eat dinner because opening my mouth put pressure on the swollen area. We headed home after dinner and I waited overnight, but the next morning showed no improvement. While the rest of the family went to church, I headed to the after hours clinic. The doctor came in and literally went, "Holy Cow! How did this happen?" When I told him I didn't know and answered his questions, he shrugged and said, "That's bizarre! I'll be right back." He was gone for a few minutes, where I assume he was doing some research, because he came back and told me he thinks my salivary gland is infected which is why my lymph node is nearly the size of a grapefruit. I got antibiotics and have sense begun the slow healing process. I no longer feel like my jaw is wired shut, but I do hope I am back to normal by Saturday when we leave!

The rest of the week has mostly been spent packing and cleaning the house. My mom came in Sunday night in order to watch the boys on Monday so Francis and I could go to the anatomy scan for baby #3. The baby is perfect. 10 fingers and toes, and everything is where it should be. Heart rate and blood flow were healthy. Yes, we found out what we are having, but as I am still in the process of telling family and close friends, I will not reveal that yet on here. You'll just have to wait.

I feel mean saying this, but you'll likely have to wait a couple weeks to see the answer on this blog as we will be more or less "off the grid" next week while on board our cruise. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment