Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29, 2015

It's been a busy couple of weeks, but not usually for the best reasons.

One good reason it was busy is my mom came into town Monday before last for the Governor's Inauguration and Ball. She stayed through Wednesday and even got to stay and come with me to see the baby via sonogram. The baby looked great and healthy. That Tuesday evening we had a record 9 ladies from our Sunday School class at Ladies Night where we ate at the Cheesecake factory. It was so fun! We also took the side off Robert's crib (turning it into a toddler bed) last week and he's been doing great. He hasn't gotten out in the middle of the night yet, and he's still sleeping well, so I will call that a big win!!! Great job, big boy!

Now for the bad news. We've been sick...again. Sunday before last in the afternoon, Robert started acting funny and running a fever followed by diarrhea and a little vomiting. He was a fussy and generally unhappy. Tuesday William said his stomach hurt and proceeded to vomit everything he ate until basically Friday. He also had diarrhea. Wednesday, you guessed it... I became the third casualty (after going to my appointment). My stomach hurt, fever, aches, nauseam and diarrhea. You get the picture. I didn't start feeling better until Saturday. Robert recovered around Thursday so he had run of the house while William and I could barely move. It was a  rough week. Francis as usual remained untouched. He's one lucky duck.

This week we've finally been well enough to get back into a routine. the weather here has been great, so we've been soaking up the sun. Robert fell in the backyard on Monday and caught himself with his hands. He immediately screamed in pain and it took me the better part of 30 minutes to calm him down. He eventually went back to playing, but he wasn't using his arm like he would normally. That night, every time he'd roll over, he'd wake up fussing. It was a long night. We went to The Little Gym Tuesday and while Robert would do all of the activities, he was generally refusing to use his right arm and would jerk away if I touched it. I made a doctor's appointment and went in just sure it was somehow broken. Dr. Enders assessed that he had dislocated his elbow. She quickly and easily popped it back into place with just a little whimper from Robert, but he was immediately moving it like normal again. He hasn't had any problem since and I am glad it was such an easy fix. He would not have enjoyed a cast and neither would I.

I met a new neighbor yesterday when the boys and I were out on a walk. She has twin 12 week olds and is new to the stay at home mom thing. I gave her my number and hopefully I can encourage her when I see her again soon. Being a new mom is tough, and not knowing anyone makes it even tougher. I pray she finds the perfect support group for her!

I have been feeling the baby move more and more. I can tell more often when they are awake. It's such a fun time! I've finally passed the morning sickness phase and so I can really enjoy being pregnant. Praise be to God!

Robert is in the experimentation phase of learning. He has to do it all himself, as long as I'm nearby of course. He has gotten excellent at building with his Megablocks and beams with pride when he makes a tower as tall as he is. He is learning the rules by trial and error. He gets upset because he can't express himself as he would like, but we are working through it and he's learning to be patient with me. I know he'll be talking my ear off in no time, but for now I have to help provide some of the words he needs. He's got a lot of determination. It will get him far in life!

William is absorbing information all the time. He tells me all sorts of stuff he has learned, discovered or wants to know. I can't believe he is 3 sometimes and yet wants to have such deep conversations. He really loves reading his Jesus Storybook Bible at night. It makes me happy that he begs for just one more story because "that's not the end of the book". So smart and such a thirst. I can't wait to see where it takes him.

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment