Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 3, 2014

It's been an exciting couple of weeks over here. It's been fun, but I am glad to be home now back in my warm bed. Getting back into the routine is tough, especially since after next week we will be off for three weeks from all our activities due to winter break. No can say our lives are dull.


Saturday before last was my birthday. I got a pedicure with  Danielle and my mom before my birthday party, which is the first one I've had since February. It felt so so good! My family, sisters, parents, in-laws, Ashley and Brandon and his bride Bethany were all at my party. We had cake and I opened presents, then we played a game of Fish Bowl. If you've never played it, you should. It's a hoot. It was a successful party and I am so glad that I was loved on by those I love.

Tuesday, the boys and I went with Danielle and my mom to the Gaylord to see ICE! They have a whole exhibit each year and this year the theme was Frosty the Snowman. They keep the exhibit 8 degrees Fahrenheit. Aka:COLD! We went through it faster than we would have liked just because we
(Robert in particular) were miserably cold. The ice was beautiful though, and the nativity scene at the end (after all the Frosty stuff) made me speechless. William loved it all and especially liked the ice slide. The cold never bothered him anyway.

Wednesday we went to Six Flags Holiday in the Park. It was bring a friend for free and since my mom and Danielle have passes, the boys and I got in for FREE. My favorite price for sure. We all had a blast. William got to ride more rides than anyone and he even talked Sweetie into buying him an awesome Superman cape. He wore it most of the rest of the day, and still wears it now that we are home. William's favorite ride was the old time cars. He got to legitimately drive and he thinks that's about the coolest thing ever. He tells me that when he grows up just a little more, he'll be able to drive for real. Hold on, kid, not too fast!

Thursday was Thanksgiving and my whole family went to my Aunt Bup's house. It was a smaller crowd this year, only 21 people. We had a nice time, but by evening time, I started to feel tired as the long week caught up with me. All I wanted was to be in my own bed. So we packed up from Ft Worth and headed to Plano, where we packed up for real and headed back to Austin. We got home at nearly midnight, but it was worth it to put my head on my own pillow.

Friday we drove onward to San Antonio to be with Francis's parents and sister's family. Every year we spend the weekend after Thanksgiving there. We saw the river parade Friday night, opened presents Saturday morning (since we don't want to haul all the gifts to Canada), and then spent the day at Sea World. The highlight of the day (other than opening presents) was having dinner at Sea World with Santa and Mrs. Claus. William and Abby both know Santa is pretend (i.e. based on St. Nicholas who lived long ago), but they enjoyed him like they did Mickey Mouse at Disney World. The food was delicious and the kids were so excited. Santa read them the night before Christmas, and then they got to take pictures with him and eat cookies. What's not to like? Oh, Robert did not like the "mime" elf. The guy wiped Roberts mouth with the puff of his hat, and after that, any time the guy came near, Robert would scream bloody murder. It got to be a little funny. A great trip with great people. Sunday we took some family photos of the Phillips clan and they turned out cute. The one of the three cousins is particularly adorable. We are so blessed to have such a great set of relatives!

This week, I'm still trying to recover. Laundry is still being done, the house is still being cleaned, and I am flat out exhausted! the Christmas decorations are up, which is a small victory. One step at a time, I guess.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment