Sunday, August 31, 2014

August 31, 2014

Goodbye August. Hello September. I've missed my usual blog date by a couple of days, but it's been busy around here!

With our school year schedule beginning last week in part, and continuing in whole this week, we are seeing the last bits of summer pleasantly pass. It's been a great season. Last Monday Francis took William skating again. He made it all the way across the ice rink by himself this time. I find that incredibly impressive considering it's something I can't do. Tuesday was our first Little Gym class of the season which means William went into class without me for the first time. Robert was so confused and kept trying to get in during the entire class while we watched. William was a champ. He followed the teacher and she said she never would have known it was his first "funny bugs" class. I'm one proud momma though I was a little sad that the time of parent/child classes has come to an end. Here's to growing up!

Wednesday we did story-time at Barnes and Noble. A little girl about Robert's age was standing from a squat without holding onto anything. I made the comment, "Hey Robert, that's what you'll be doing next", as he still prefers to only pull up on things to stand. Not an hour after we got home, I found Robert standing in the middle of the floor all of a sudden. He sat down and then stood up again from the ground. He's mastered getting up off the floor without pulling up! Now I can't trust him anywhere at all because he hops up and runs without warning. He's already taken a fun bath in the toilet. Oh boy!

Thursday the boys and I went with Arlene, Angel and their respective kids, Caitlyn and Ranger to Sea World. We had a blast and it was a fun end to our summer! My favorite part (other than the amazing company) was the water. It was a little hot and the water felt so good!

I will be spending this week packing and cleaning. We have Robert's first birthday part on Saturday (that was quick!) and we leave for DISNEYWORLD on Sunday afternoon. I have to get it all done by Friday night because we have a marriage conference at church. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment