Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5, 2014

Hello September. You've snuck up on me a bit. This week has been crazy. We are in full fall season here at the Phillips house. Sunday night Francis's parents came in town for dinner and spent the night to hang out with us for Labor Day. They could not get over how much Robert has grown and how well he walks now. He does better every day! For Labor Day we went to breakfast at IHOP and then over to Mt. Playmore for a morning of tunnel crawling, game playing and general wearing-out-of -the-grandparents. It was fun. We had lunch at Chick-fil-a followed by some time ice skating at the local rink. William has improved so much since I last saw him in person. He can get around by himself without falling and is even beginning to pick up a little speed. I'm so proud of him! Francis's parents left before dinner, but as William was not done having fun (where does he get the energy?!), Francis took him back to Mt. Playmore for one last hurrah! It was a great day!

Tuesday we had Little Gym. I'm beginning to figure out ways to fill the odd hour between the boys classes. We've been going to all the local stores. William loves going in by himself to his class, but Robert is still struggling not being with his brother. I keep saying, "I know kid, he went and grew up on us." And then I look at him and know he's growing too. Time can go a little slower if you ask me.

Wednesday we did story time at Barnes and Noble with Kristina and her son Samuel. I'm really trying to make an effort to hang out with people from church and elsewhere that I want to get to know better. It was so fun!

Thursday was our first Bible Study at the Quarries church for the year. It's funny because everyone but one person in my group I know from Great Hills and couple of them I even invited to join the study. I'm so glad they did. It's going to be a good year.

Today we were back at Mt Playmore, this time with Laura  (another sweet lady I hope I will start to see more of) and her son Stephen. My goal was to wear out the kids and it seems to have worked as the are both miraculously asleep at the same time. Now to clean the house! I have to do it before Robert's first birthday party tomorrow at the house (we are expecting 41 people!), and I have to do it before tonight since I would like to attend the marriage conference at church at 6:30. I feel a bit like Cinderella trying to make it to the ball, but without the cute mice (no my children are not mice). If anyone wants to be my fairy god mother and hire a cleaning service, be my guest! Not sure waving a magic wand will do much. I have already decorated mostly and it looks very festive. I hope to give Robert a party that will make him smile. He brings such joy to my life!

Sunday after Sunday School we leave for Disney World. I'll give you the details of Robert's party, Robert's birthday and our trip after we return. Till then!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment