Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30, 2013

This week is a little delayed, but next week probably will be too. There is just so much going on!

Last week, William took a record 2 1/2 hour nap. When he woke up, he was visibly taller to me. Turns out (after another visit to Stride rite when he shoes wouldn't fit) he has grown ANOTHER shoe size in two months and now is in a Stride Rite size 8 Double Wide. His body is going to eventually catch up with his feet. He may take after my dad and grandads and be super tall!

Last Friday, William and I went to the swimming pool by Arlene's house with her and her little girl Caitlyn. William had a great time hanging out in the pool, but Caitlyn got tired much faster and had to leave. While I was playing with and watching William, I noticed another woman with a 4-year-old girl. I heard her say something in English and then in Korean and decided to ask her where she was from. She is from Seoul, her husband works for Samsung, and they just got transferred here 2 weeks ago! I knew exactly how she was feeling, told her what there was to do around here, and gave her my number so we could have lunch sometime. I remember the 2nd week in Suwon being the hardest because I had no friends, had unpacked everything and set up, and had done all of the "tourist" things that I could find. Fortunately she speaks excellent English, so she is one up on me in being able to communicate. I still want to make her feel welcom though! Friday we also went to Lillian's 2nd birthday party at a local splash pad. It was so fun! William loved running around in the water, he loved the cake, and he ate a whole hot dog after already having dinner an hour before. He didn't want to leave!

We finally got William a mattress for his bed and returned the mattress he had to the twin bed in the nursery. We are one step closer to completing William's room! I still want to get a dust ruffle, a window treatment and some crown molding in there before I am willing to call that project complete, but we are getting close!

William and Francis are still enjoying their new bike rides. They go around twice a week for about an hour. Francis feels like he is getting good exercise and William is enjoying the ride. They've really been bonding over it and it has given me time for things like making dinner in peace or running a quick errand while they are out.

This Whole week has been VBS culminating in the big event today. I volunteered in the preschool craft room where we had 56 five year olds rotate through and make cool things while learning about Jesus. It was a great week, but boy am I exhausted! William loved VBS! He was in a class of 11 (kids of other workers) and he got to do the petting zoo, ride around and see the rides and generally have a bunch of fun. He did get bitten by another child (really hard and it left a mark), but even that didn't deter him from wanting to go to church! We've been home maybe 10% of the time we've been awake this week because in the afternoons we've had The Little Gym, grocery shopping, my Dr. appointment, and hanging out with friends. I wouldn't have traded it for the world, but I am glad that it only lasted one week!

My appointment with Dr. Brown went well. I passed my glucose test! This is good because Robert is constantly craving sweet stuff. Heartrate was 137 and I have enough fluid. I am measuring a cm ahead which is no shock if you look at me. Yet again, I'm "all baby". Robert still (again) had his feet over his head for the sonogram and twisted and turned to show off for us all. William loves watching that and giving his brother kisses on my tummy. William was so good at both my appointment and at the Lab that he left covered in stickers (and love) by the nurses and technicians. Both my boys make this momma proud!

Friday night, Francis surprised us by coming home and taking me and William to Texas Roadhouse for Steak. It was delicious! Such a treat from my awesome husband.

Yesterday, Francis, William and I went out the aquatics center in Round Rock. You' d think we would have taken it easy, but not this family! We played in the lazy river and swam in the baby and kid's pools. William had fun, but it was super hot out and made getting out of the pool unpleasant. We had dinner at the Salt Lick (are you jealous yet? ^_^) and William ate so much I thought his little stomach would burst!

Today, we went to church where we were serenades and preached to by the precious children who attended VBS. After church we had a BBQ and had bounce houses, cotton candy and Snow Cones for all the children, workers and their families! William jumped for 30 straight minutes on one bounce house before we were finally able to coax him out with cotton candy. He crashed in the car on the way home and has been asleep for THREE whole hours (a NEW record). I need a bounce house at my house for daily use if this is the result.

Well, I have to get packing as tomorrow William and I are leaving for a week in Dallas with our family. I can't wait. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment