Thursday, June 20, 2013

June 20, 2013

Happy Belated Father's Day!

It has been a good week. This past weekend was Father's Day and my in-laws come up on Friday night to visit for Saturday. Before they arrived, Francis's Father's Day gift arrived just in the nick of time: a trailer for William to ride in behind Francis's bike. I was thrilled. We also went Friday night to Russ and Becky's for dinner with them and Seth, Arlene and their little girl Caitlyn. It was an awesome night and we made it back in time to welcome my in-laws and head to bed. Saturday morning, after a pancake breakfast, Francis, his parents and William got to try out Francis's gift. They went on a bike ride around Pflugerville that ended at a community swimming pool. I drove the car and dropped them off and met them for lunch at Sonic before we all went swimming at the pool. William LOVED his trailer. He kept falling asleep and when they would stop, he would wake up and cry to keep going. We all loved the pool complete with a water slide that William got to ride with his Nana, Grandad and Daddy over and over again. He would get to the bottom, ride around the lazy river for a little bit, and then select the next person who was going to ride on the slide with him. He was absolutely delightful. Francis, William and his dad rode their bikes home while my mother-in-law and I drove. It was too hot and hilly for a sane person, but they had a great time anyway. William took a good 2 hour nap (nearly a record) and Francis's mom and I went to Babies are us and got a new stroller for both my boys to ride in. To which I say THANK YOU!!! I'm super excited. We had dinner at a Mongolian BBQ place and then came home and had cake. Nana and William did a show for us with some sparkly blue hats until late into the night before Francis's parents headed out to go see Cyndy and Chris. It was a great day with only one hitch. Francis lost his wedding ring at the pool. He put it in his backpack, but when he went to find it after he got home, it was missing. we think it fell out, but no one has found it. We found him a temporary replacement, but I think that I will try to find an exact copy for him for our anniversary. I know he feels bad for losing it, but it really could have happened to anyone!

Sunday, we went to church and had lunch at Olive Garden. We got in right away, but their was certainly a huge wait when we left! After William's nap, Francis and he went on another bike ride which ended in Francis having to do a few extra laps because William was unwilling to get out of the trailer saying, "more, more!" I think William has found a new hobby. We had some of the best steaks ever for dinner that francis did on the grill. William gave Francis his gifts: a handmade card and a 6 pack of IBC root beer with a hand decorated carrying case that reads "World's Best Pop!" William colored all over it and decorated it with stars. It's pretty cute. Overall a great day!

 This week we've been busy with The Little Gym Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Story time today at the Library. Wednesday we also went to play group at a splash pad, and William had a great time. I was super overwhelmed because there were so many big kids, but William ran around unphased. It's been a good but busy week, and I am tired. Robert keeps me on my toes too. Whenever I relax he decides to start kicking. I am going ot have my hands full with two little boys on my hands. I can hardly wait. Less than 12 weeks to go. Come on, Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment