Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3, 2013

April showers bring May flowers. I sure hope it is true, because we've been getting rain non-stop since Sunday. I love the rain, but not all the threats of severe weather. Should be done after today though, at least for a while.

Happy belated Easter! He is risen! We had a wonderful camping trip again this year. William slept way better than last year, and other than the night our tent flooded with rain, the nights were pretty restful. We headed up Thursday afternoon and arrived in Tyler in time for William to go to bed. My family was so kind as to already have our tent set up, so we just had to move in and get settled. Francis and I got to meet Chad finally (my sister Christian's new boyfriend), and he seems very nice overall.

Friday after breakfast we hung around and played games enjoying the weather and nature. William loved the outdoors and the dogs. He even went on a canoe ride with Francis and decided on his own to take a swim on the shoreline. He's so goofy. We had the best steak for dinner and then got to participate in the sunset service on the shoreline with my parent's sunday school class. It was perfect and powerful. At the end of the night we had smores and reminisced about old times. I think poor Chad probably didn't want to know all that, but now he does!

Saturday morning we tried to rest after Christian, William and I ended up in my parent's camper then both our tents flooded at 4:30am. Francis held down the fort with the dogs and eventually got our tent under control. Apparently the "skylights" in the tent fly have now become water channels. Covering them with  a tarp fixed the problem, but it was a little too late. Danielle, Christian, Chad, my mom, Francis, William, Sarah and I dyed Easter eggs later that morning before lunch. It was fun and I got the deluxe kit, so we all had choices galore! After lunch and a nap, William got to do the camp-wide Easter egg hunt where he got a grand total of three eggs because he was to busy watching everyone else in awe. Don't worry though; he had his own private Easter egg hunt put on by the family and then had a second one with some eggs the "big girls" had left over from their hunt with the rest of our group. So William had 3 egg hunts in an hour and raked in the candy. Not to mention the tons of photographs that were taken. Saturday night we had our traditional Mexican food at Mercado's. It was delicious! William got to hang out with Sweetie and Papa which he found to be super exciting.

Sunday morning, just as we re almost finishing packing the car, we were informed that a storm was coming. With a bunch of rushing and all hands on deck, we were able to get everything put away and scramble into the camper just as the deluge began. We ended up having a service in the camper with just the family and Chad, but it was nice all the same. We had lunch at KFC/Long John Silver's for lunch before parting ways and all heading home. It was such a great and relaxing trip. I am so glad we went!

Yesterday I got tickets to snorkel/turtle watch and also to a luau. I am super excited to be heading to Maui in just 2 1/2 weeks. William will be vacationing with my parents and in-laws, but Baby P is obviously going with us. Please pray I will not feel too cramped on the long plane ride, and that it will all go smoothly. I can't wait to get on the beach and just relax! It will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment