Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 24th, 2011

Well, I am three days late posting, but to be fair things have been busy. Last week (Wednesday before last) William rolled from back to front. It took him 10 minutes to do it, but he has done it many times since. In fact just yesterday he was rolling from front to back and then back to front. He is more mobile every day.

I know I wrote last time that I wanted to clean up my house. Francis took off last Friday and he watched William in the afternoon while I cleaned. Ah, it was nice to have clutter picked up and dust removed. I felt like I could finally exhale. Thank goodness that Francis's boss told him that he needed to take off 13 hours or he woudl lose them. It really helped me out.

It was good I got the house cleaned because, this past weekend, Nana and the rest of the Phillips clan came to our house in Austin for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. We went shopping and took family photos. Then we went to Salt Lick for dinner and had "birthday" peach cobbler and ice cream for dessert. William was a trooper. We had a lot of fun. I came back with Nana and my mother-in- law to Plano on Sunday. I didn't want to have to wait for Francis on Tuesday to go to Dallas and I didn't want to take a separate car either, so this was the best choice. Plus it gave us extra time with Nana.

Monday I got a haircut! My mom watched William and I got a whole hour of adult conversation. It was weird but good. We also got him his Christmas outfit. It is adorable with a red sweater with snowflakes, black corduroy pants, and a striped button down top. We did William's 3 month photos on Tuesday. They turned out awesome. William was unsure about the fake Santa, but the rest of the photos show a smiley little boy. We got the most perfect picture of William with Nana. It is something I know William will cherish in the future!

We also celebrated my 26th birthday on Tuesday. I got a 3D bluray player, Beauty and the Beast in 3D, a Kindle Fire, Dance Central 2 for the Kinect, a spoon rest and platter, and super cute boots. I got quite a haul! We ate at Texas Land and Cattle for dinner; yummy! William was intrigued by the candles and fire. He might be a future pyromaniac. It would be another trait from his father.

Wednesday was a relatively William-free day. Francis watched him while I went shopping and had lunch with my mom and Danielle. Then my mom watched him during his afternoon nap while I played onthe Kinect with Francis, Ashley Duran and Brandon Nine (Yes, Francis FINALLY got to meet William. Super exciting!). My family, Brandon, Francis's family and my dad's parents all had dinner at BJ's so I had plenty of hands to hold William then. Afterward, Francis's parents took William home to put him to bed so that Francis and I could play Wii with Brandon and my sisters. Other than when I was feeding William, I felt like I was missing an arm all day. It was nice, but I wouldn't want to do it everyday. I'd miss William too much!

That brings us to today. The cowboy game is on right now. It doesn't look good. 36 of my relatives are in my parents house right now. We had delicious turkey and sides and as much dessert as one could possibly hope to eat. The tryptophane coma is starting to kick in, but I wanted to write while William is taking his nap. It's been a good Thanksgiving and a good week and a half. We head to San Antonio tomorrow, so I will write about that next week. Until then, I will leave you with this: I am so Thankful for so many things, but none of it would mean anything if Christ had not died for me. I am thankful most of all for Salvation and the freedom that it brings. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment