Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14th, 2011

This week William hit the three month mark. You know what that means? Time for more pictures! We will be taking them next week. I am super excited!

Some big news is that Nana Phillips (Francis's grandmother) has come down to Texas from Montreal to spend three weeks with the family. She got to meet William when we went to Houston on Saturday for Abby's Baby Dedication (Parent Commitment) ceremony. After a wonderful afternoon with Gershom, Kristi, Baby Olivia and in-utero Baby Burgess, we headed to Cyndy and Chris's house to let William meet both Nana and cousin Abby. Both meetings went well. Abby was very sweet to William. I hope William lived up to his namesake. He was very animated and a bit of a ham though. Let me explain. After having dinner with everyone (including the Burgess family), I was exhausted and drove back to the hotel with Nana, my mother-in-law and William. We tried to put William to bed, but he was just too darn delightful to put down. He was talking and laughing and grinning so big that you couldn't help but smile back. We tried to feed him, but he would talk through the bottle and get milk everywhere. We tried to burp him on our shoulder, but he would cry until we turned him around or laid him down where he could see. Then he would go back to laughing and smiling. He just wanted to be part of the party. He likes attention. Finally, something he did NOT get from Francis!

Sunday, the whole family went to church, had lunch with Chris's family and then we went back for Abby's ceremony. Their church does a very sweet job of trying to make is special. I will admit I cried. They sang that song called "I Am" by Nicole Nordeman. Ever since I heard her sing it in concert, it always makes me bawl like a baby (no pun intended). Abby has good parents, and I know that they will do their best to raise Abby God's way. I support them in that endeavor.

William has now slept 7 1/2 to 8 hours two nights in a row. Can this trend continue? I hope so, but as my mother says, "As soon as you think you've got them figured out, they change." I would like to add, "because babies are tricky that way," lol. Last night William slept from 9:30 until 5, went back to sleep at 5:30 and woke up just after 8. I was able to get in an extra hour of sleep, shower, have breakfast and have my quiet time all before hearing William utter his morning coos. As I said in my Facebook status: Thank God for small miracles! I really need the rest, and getting it helps me be a better mom. William also napped a couple of times last week. If I can get enough sleep at night AND William continues to nap, maybe I can actually get this house clean! Grand dreams, I know, but you've got to have big plans sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment