Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18th, 2011

A busy week, but a productive one. I already talked about my appointment with the doctor last Tuesday. My next one is one Thursday. I will be getting measured for everything and they will do the Group B strep test as well. It will likely be an interesting appointment.

Friday, Rachael Heard came to visit. She made it in time for lunch and we had (surprise, surprise) Chick-fil-a. It was the third time that week. The previous two times were for date night (Tuesday) and Play Date on Wednesday. Yummy food and I don't regret it! William doesn't seem to mind either. Rachael and I headed up to the Round Rock outlets to do some shopping for the afternoon. All I ended up buying was a pillow from Garden Ridge which is not even at the outlet mall. Rachael got some adorable clothing though, so it was totally worth it! Then we came back to the house and I showed her how to play on the Kinect. Racing a car just isn't the same when you have a huge belly obstructing your movements; I'm just saying... We made a delightful new dish for dinner and then had a Say Yes to the Dress marathon (Francis did not participate for some reason).

Saturday we shopped a little more, and I finally found wrist rattles for William. I had a $5 voucher for Toys R Us so it ended up being free! One is an elephant and one is a tiger. Very cute! Rachael headed home after lunch at Arby's and a treat at Sonic. I loved seeing her!!! I hope to see here again soon. After she left, Francis and I got to work. We hung the last thing on William's wall (the elusive monkey wood cut out). Francis's coworker sent a bunch of his unused baby stuff (clothes, pacifiers, wipes, etc) to us on Friday so I put all that away. I haven't been buying newborn size clothing (it's 0-7 lbs) because I don't think William will fit in it, but Dwayne sent us an armful of his unused newborn clothing. If William is small enough to wear them, he will have even more outfits to choose from. For the record, I have bought 0-3 month clothing (which is 0-14 lbs) because I think it is more practical. Unless I have a 16 lb baby like that lady in San Marcos a couple of weeks ago (don't even think it!), he should fit in them. Francis and I also put up shelving in William's bathroom. His bath time stuff has been taking up space with no where to put any of it, so it has been sitting around the sink, on the toilet, or even in the bathtub. With the new shelves, we have a place for his towels, soap, future bath toys and even some room to grow. It is so much better than putting a medicine cabinet above that toilet and will come in handy in the long run!

Sunday after church and lunch with Russ and Becky, we did even more to prepare for William. His expected arrival is just about three weeks out! In the heat of the day, we vacuumed out my car and installed all of the wonderful gadgets that go with a baby. That means the seat protector, the car seat base and car seat, the mirror that faces forward and the mirror that I can adjust from the front to see back. It took a couple of hours to get the car prepared for the car seat, but I am glad it is done. Francis buckled that sucker in so tight that it doesn't move a bit. William will be very safe! I also finally began the packing process for the hospital. I keep thinking of things I need to bring and other stuff that I don't have to have. I have a sneaking suspicion that my bags will not be finished until we are in the car leaving for the hospital because I keep switching things around. We shall see.

There is not much left on my to do list so I may have to start making things up. I am home most of the day so I am hoping for some visitors in the next couple of weeks before the big day (hint, hint). After he comes, I know I will have visitors galore, but they will be here to see my little bundle of joy. I want to enjoy my last few non-baby days just as much as the beginning of motherhood. I try to be happy wherever God places me at that moment in life, and that seems to be a good recipe for contentment. Right now, that means I get to be happy with lunch!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could come see you but I have to take this dumb test! Miss you Mel and goooooood luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass that test and then come and see me! Miss you too Mel and good luck to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete