Friday, September 7, 2018

September 7, 2018

With the exception of this weekend, we've mostly been home. Saturday the big boys and Francis went to church all day for a work day. Hannah, Andrew and I went to Home Depot to do their craft, went clothes shopping, went to Barnes and Noble to pickup Hannah's new "school books" she selected, had lunch at Chick-fil-a where we ran into friends, and went by Walmart to get some items we needed. With "just" two kids, it was easy, and Andrew slept or ate the whole time. Hannah loves shopping and was a trooper. I would NEVER have done this when I had just William and Robert many moons ago, so I chalk that up to personal growth! That evening we had Family Movie night at home. We watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The kids loved it, but were very confused by the intermission in the middle. Gotta love old movies! Sunday we had church and then went out to Cici's Pizza for dinner (kids' choice). The Tvs were playing Finding Nemo and Paw Patrol. The kids were in Heaven! 

Sunday late Hannah started not feeling well and by Tuesday she was worse. She stayed home from CC while I took the boys all to class. Turns out she had an ear infection and strep. She's been on medicine and is improving. I hate to see my kids sick! William and Robert had their check ups yesterday. Both have grown inches and pounds. Both passed their hearing and vision tests too! Thankfully no shots so everyone left happy!

Little Andrew is growing by leaps and bounds. He's got decent control of his head now, and loves looking around at whatever his siblings are doing. He smiles and laughs when the mood strikes him, but has a very expressive face of every sort of emotion under the sun. I've taken to calling him "little person" as a term of endearment because that's exactly what he looks like: a miniature adult with all the feeling and expression therein. My mother has said of my father that he was born old (ie. mature) and I can't help but think this might be what he was like as an infant. No complaints if so, he's an amazing father and human being! Andrew also managed to do something none of my kids have ecer done as babies and certainly not at 2 months: he slept 8 hours straight at night! He fell asleep around 8 last night and didn't wake until a little after 4!! If he can repeat that and the other kids will stop waking up too, I might get my first decent sleep in 8 years! I won't get my hopes up though. I've probably jinxed it by even voicing the thought...still....

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment