Thursday, October 12, 2017

October 12, 2017

I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post. So much has happened I have no hope of putting it all down.

Friday before last I awoke very early (after arriving with the kids and Francis in Dallas late the evening before) to catch the 6:00am flight to Denver. My amazing travelling companion was my sister Danielle! We were picked up at the airport by the bride-to-be Erin. We had a long but productive day getting all the decorations ready, having a bridesmaids lunch and getting checked into our hotel that evening (an adventure in itself!). Erin did introduce us to some pretty impressive Pizza, though, and the hotel we stayed in was just perfect. I went to bed completely wiped out, but glad I was able to be there for Erin. The breakfast that morning was amazing and after a few errands and brunch at a sweet little place near Georgetown, the bridesmaids, Danielle and Erin all got ready for the big event. Next we headed to the venue, which was a train station. Midway through setting up, a cold front came through and the rain started. That did not deter the dedicated crew and I stood cold but happy as Erin took her vows. The train ride reception was both unique and fun. Also, thankfully, it was warm and dry. Danielle and I sat across from another one of the bridesmaids, Lilly and her boyfriend. Together the four of us had a delightful time. After loading all the decorations back in the cars, We hugged Erin and Tom goodbye. Erin's sweet mom drove us back to a hotel by the airport that evening where we spent another short night.

Sunday morning we were up for a 7am flight. It ended up being extra fun because Dani and I were part of the first flight by Southwest's new MAX 8 airplanes. It was cool to be the first one to sit in a seat on a plane, and the crew was super peppy! Because we are crazy, we headed straight for the great State Fair of Texas upon landing in Dallas. We met up with the rest of the Noble Clan as well as Francis and my kids. Francis and the kids had done the Grapevine Aquarium, Legoland, and the Dallas Zoo all in the two days I was gone, so they are slightly crazy too. Anyway, the Fair was fun even though the puppet show wasn't there this year. It was nice to have Francis there for once since he usually has to stay home. Poor Alexandra fell off a tall step and hurt her foot. She's still healing so please be praying for her! My kids particularly loved the new Magic show and the fireworks. They've been reenacting both ever since (with Pokemon added in for good measure).

The week was a bit of a blur, but I did have Tutor training, Parent's night out (we had dinner and then relaxed at home...yeah we're old), and generally tried to get back in the groove. Thursday the kdis and I went on a CC field trip to Barrington Family Farm (the home of the 3rd president of Texas, and the Star of the Republic Museum at Washington-on-the-Brazos). The kids learned all about the 1850s. They did chores on the farm, saw all the animals, made old fashioned toys and were exhausted by the end. It was a good day full of fun and learning. I found out Hannah really loves washing clothes on a washboard and hanging them out to dry. Who knew?  Saturday evening I went with Robin to see a local production of  Beauty and the Beast. Turns out than in real life Belle and Gaston are engaged so that made some of the interactions more interesting/compelling than they would have likely been otherwise. Not sure how else to say that, but the show was very good!

This week we've been getting ready for Francis's birthday which is on Monday. I've been giving him a little gift each day (like a special edition luggage tag which I got from my special flight, or his favorite drink or snack, etc). I've also been making some of his favorite food. He doesn't get to pick very often and the kids usually don't want to eat what he loves (like Lasagna and Meatloaf) so this week he gets it all. We decorated today and will make and decorate the cake tomorrow (this is one of my favorite traditions to do with the kids!). Today we also spent most of the morning at Walmart so that the kids could each get a gift that they thought Daddy would like. This was hard for them, but after much thought, they each came up with something they thought Daddy would like. It is hard to get Francis stuff because he never tells you what he wants, but I think he will be pleased with what they chose.

Well that's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment