Thursday, August 24, 2017

August 24, 2017

We had a fun play date with the Davis Family last week. Friendships were renewed and the house was fulled with laughter from both mommas and kiddos.

The theme this past week or so had been responsibility and perseverance. I taught the boys how to make their bed and how to bring their plate the sink when they are done, and now they are responsible for it each morning and meal respectively. So far, it's not been a problem. They fussed about it when I taught them, but I've gotten no grumbling since then. I'll call that a win. Saturday morning the boys got up, made their beds without being asked, offered to set the table, cleaned up after breakfast, got dressed on their own and even cleaned up their toys when they finished without being asked. It was amazing. They felt good about being independent and I was happy that they are learning to take ownership of their actions. I had a first on Saturday too. I mowed the lawn, more specifically the back yard. I can't remember the last time it had been mowed and Francis set out to tackle it Saturday morning. Knowing we wouldn't see him all day if left to do it alone, I pitched in a mowed while he edged, weed eated and trimmed. What would have taken him 6 or so hours took the both of us 3 1/2. I was exhausted but glad to have done my part. And the backyard looks SO much better. whew!

Perseverance has also been on the menu around here. We play Pokemon Go over here and they released some "ledgendary" Pokemon, but only for a short time starting in July. You have to go battle the pokemon with other people and then try to catch it. Even once you beat it, there is a very low chance you will catch it. Well, after a month of going out nearly every night, Francis, the boys and I all have all 4 that are out. It was hard  for the kids (and me!) at times to understand why we were the unlucky ones not to catch whichever one, but it made when we did that much better. Robert and Hannah now have a great rock collection from all the places and playgrounds we have been visiting. It was a good time as a family, but I am glad for a respite!

Tuesday was Classical Conversations Orientation. I got to meet my kiddos and work out a few of my nerves. I'm excited for this Tuesday when we get to kick off with week one! I've been practicing with my kids this week in hopes it will run smooth on Tuesday. We'll see!

This Saturday is supposed to be the boys' birthday party. The weather is supposed to get dicey with the storm Harvey coming through, but I'm praying hard that it will hold off until the party-ing is over. William is particularly worried that no one will come if it is raining. Please pray it all works out.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment