Thursday, June 15, 2017

June 15, 2017

Whew! It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks.

Saturday before last I left CC training to head to Dallas for Danielle's bachelorette party. After a harrowing trip (involving a very scary freak storm) I made it to Medieval Times where my in-laws picked up my kids. Everyone in the group dressed for the occasion, including me. We had front row seats which I've never done before. It turns out the people in the show will interact with you from that distance, so Christian  sassed back and forth with the knights and we got more than one smile or nod from the actors thanks to our authentic dress. Danielle was knighted after the show and we all got commemorative pictures. We then went back to Sierra's house after the show for a night of ice cream, facials, junk food, card games and chick flicks. It was a good time. I still managed to get up, eat, pick up my kids and get them to church on time the next morning (thanks in large part to my awesome Mother-in-law)! We stayed with my in-laws all week and they were such great hosts. I really hit the jackpot with them!

The boys did Vacation Bible School at Prestonwood last week (my home church growing up). The theme was about Noah and they both had a blast. This meant that Hannah and I could get dresses for the bridesmaids' luncheon and rehearsal, get my bridesmaid dress altered and run a myriad of errands while still getting to hang out with my sisters, mother and my twin niece and nephew. The kids had a particularly great time together. I think they will have years of fun and laughter ahead of them. Thursday evening I had to go to the airport to pick up my friend Erin at dinner time. Christian (who lives by the airport) graciously watched my kids while I went to get Erin and when we returned we all had dinner together. All this family time does make me wish I lived closer to my family. It does my heart good. So I stayed up late Thursday talking to Erin while Francis was at the Bachelor party and the kids slept. Friday morning I dropped off the boys at the last day of VBS and took Hannah back home to Francis. He and Erin watched Hannah and the twins (and eventually the boys also) as Christian and I went to the Bridemaid's luncheon and manicure/pedicure date. Everything went pretty smoothly and we were able to love, pray for and pamper Danielle as any bride deserves. That evening we all made it over to the church for the rehearsal and then the rehearsal dinner. As many of us were pros (includeing two of us having been married in that chapel), the rehearsal was very smooth. The coordinator even remarked how "seasoned" we were to do so well. The dinner afterwards was at Lucas community center and was a special time with good food.

Saturday morning came all too quickly. Erin and I headed over to Danielle's house so I could get my hair and make-up done. Francis had to get a different pair of pant for William's tuxedo as we discovered they did not fit. It was quite an ordeal, but they made it to the church before the wedding, so it all worked out. I got amazing hair and make-up. Everyone else looked beautiful also, but Danielle was a vision to be sure. There was no outshining her even if we tried. Before we knew it, we were at the church, getting dressed, lining up and ready to go. Kevin and Danielle were so enchanting, that I was unable to take my eyes off of them pretty much the entire ceremony. I have very little idea who else was there, because they were just....just perfect. I will never forget Kevin's face as he turned to face the preacher after receiving Danielle's hand from my father. I caught his eye for a split second and I could almost see what we will look like as we enter heaven. I teared up (as I always do) and spent the rest of the ceremony fighting back happy tears. And they were so happy. The reception was equally joyful. I got to spend time with good friends, family and just bask in the love that permeated the room. I'm so thankful for those moments.

We made it home after church on Sunday. Since then we have been working on getting back into a routine. We are also getting ready for Father's day. The kids made special pictures for Francis today and they are going to wrap his presents in a moment. I thought this would be our quiet week, but we've been busy every day. Today we went to dollar movie days and saw the Lego Batman Movie. Everyone sat through it beautifully and it was fun. We've reached a new stage now that our kids can sit through movies. It may not seem like much, but it's the little things that make you realize that your kids are growing up!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment