Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1, 2017

I'm going to have to make this short. I have homework to do....but I'll get to that in a minute.

School is going well. William and Robert are continuing on their insatiable quest for knowledge. I love it even though it constantly challenges me to keep up with them. Hannah continues to be a cuddle bug and it learning through exploration and her own toddler know-how.

Last weekend was Memorial day and we were able to go with all of Francis' family to Sea World. We got a day and a half at Aquatica (the water park) and a full day at Sea World proper. The kids rode more rides than I can count. William and Robert loved the Shamu roller coaster the best (riding it 10 times before the park even officially opened), and Hannah loved the carousel. The kids also had great fun with their cousin Abby, Aunt Cyndy, Uncle Chris, Nana and Grandad. It was a seriously great trip.

Today was the beginning of Parent Practicum for Classical Conversations. I am going to be a tutor next year, so I got to do my first tutor training. I felt like I was drowning the first day of practicum last year, and this year also felt like a firehouse of information. After some time to reflect, I'm sure I will feel more in control, but I won't get that time for a while. It was an all day affair and I barely got home in time to make dinner. The kids got to go to play camp and the nursery (which were both down the hall from me) and we all ate lunch together. I love that they are learning while I am learning. I also love that they see I am learning too. It's important for them to know learning is a lifelong process. I'm excited to see what I will learn tomorrow and Saturday!

Anyway, after my first day of training I have homework for tomorrow. I better get on it. Things are ramping up around here. We (the kids and I) leave after training on Saturday for Dallas to begin the week long festivities that are Danielle's wedding. She will be married in 10 short days and I'm so excited!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment