Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 6, 2016

This weekend, I made it to and from Dallas with no incident (yay!). The kids were good for the trip. we even ended up having playgroup at the same park as last year before I took this trip. I thought it was kinda cruel, but my mother told me to look at it as a chance for redemption: a do over. So I did. I prayed and carefully drove and arrived thanking God and all but kissing the ground. We play at my parent's house Friday afternoon, and had dinner with them and my in-laws at BJs (yum!). I went back with my in-laws and we put the kids down for the night.

The next morning, we took the kids up to the mall to meet up with Danielle and my mom. William needed to get measured for his tuxedo for Danielle's wedding. Afterward, my father-in-law took the boys and the ladies (my mother-in-law, mom, Danielle, Hannah and me) had a delightful time shopping and getting many needed things on sale (and a few less needed, but still super cute things too!). It was so fun and a break I very much needed. Hannah is a great shopper, it turns out. She was awesome the whole time and even started to hang things she wanted on her arm by the end. I can see some great mommy/daughter shopping trips in our future! The boys went to the Lego store, playground and chick-fil-a before we met them back at my in-laws. We then went swimming (yes, swimming in October...it's still warm here), and had "family movie night" over dinner. All in all a great and super relaxing day!

Sunday was not relaxing, but full of fun and energy. My mother-in-law and I took the kids to the State Fair of Texas! We met up with Christian, Chad, Christian's friend May and the twins for the backyard circus. Robert only wanted to watch, but William enthusiastically played a tiger. then we had lunch where my mom, Danielle and Kevin joined us. the party was complete. We did the petting zoo, puppet show, craft show, Hall of Texas building, parade, and fireworks show. And ate some yummy food too! At the end of the day, Nana and I took the kids to the midway to ride a couple of rides (Hannah finally passed out before we got there). The boys loved choosing two rides each, and rode with delight. The kids were so good all day. Before the parade, when the kids should have been completely worn out, Robert and Hannah were having a dance party with Sweetie and Nana and William was talking about and playing Pokemon with Uncle Chad. My kids don't stop when fun is involved!

We headed back Monday (still managing to fit in school!), and then had CC on Tuesday and story time at the Library on Wednesday. Today was MOMs. One of the best things about home school is that even with travelling and being sick, we have not had to miss a day of school. And William is reading a ton. He can pick up a simple book and read it with no problems. He is adding and subtracting numbers 1 through 10 and can even do some algebra(i.e. x+2=4 so X=2). Robert knows all his numbers up to 20 and beyond and can write most of them. He is learning his letters very well also. Hannah is talking up a storm to anyone who will listen. She plays great with her brothers and "cleans up" by putting everything in the trash. It's cute and terrifying because I keep catching her putting things like the remote in there. She'll get it figured out soon enough, I'm sure. We've still been taking evening walks. Tuesday we walked over to our neighborhood's "National night Out" and met some of the neighbors. William did not want to go (he wanted to go to the park), but quickly changed his tune when he saw the police car, fire engine and tons of kids to play with. The kids all got to climb up in the fire engine. Hannah was insistent on her inclusion, and the firemen say they are pretty sure she's the youngest person to have been in their cab. She was pretty pleased with herself as she looked around and explored. I never have to wonder what she's thinking, her face is very expressive. 

Every once in a while I feel the need to add the disclaimer that I try to write mostly the good things that happen to us here. Life is not all peaches and cream here, but I want to dwell and meditate on the good while learning from the bad. This life is far from perfect. I don't ever want to pretend that it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment