Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13, 2016

The fruit of the spirit we have been focusing on this week (after buys some "fruit of the spirit" cards at MOMs last Thursday) is love. We have talked about what love means and how we show love. the boys know Galations 5:22-23 by heart, and I'm realizing they understand it a lot more than I thought. I can't wait for the day when each one of my kids is ready to choose and accept Christ as their savior. Until then, I will continue to bring them up in truth and yes, love.

This past weekend was our relaxing weekend pretty much until Christmas. We hung around the house most of Saturday as I Christmas shopped online and Francis built things in the garage with the kids. We rested and watched the A&M game on TV and then I picked up dinner so we could have family movie night. Overall, time well spent. Sunday after church we had a short break before Francis and the boys headed back for AWANAS. I vaccumed, cleaned, sorted laundry, looked over this weeks school lessons and even managed to catch some of the Cowboys fooball game.

This week has been quick and slow all at the same time. Slow in that I feel like I'm getting nothing productive done (which isn't true, but feelings are just that), and fast in that it's already Thursday. I had ladies night last night with my MOMs group and it was a nice time to talk and realize I'm not the only one who feels there are not enough hours in the day.

Speaking of not enough hours, the kids and I are heading to Abilene tomorrow and coming back Saturday for HSU homecoming and to see my mother's parents. It's a long trip in a short time, but I know it needs to happen. I've been frantically packing. Please pray for peace and smooth travel. I'm looking forward to the trip but not the scream-laden back seat while I drive.

Francis's birthday is Sunday. We've decorated the house, wrapped presents and the kids helped make and decorate a carrot cake for their daddy. They are so excited to get to do things for him. They have also been great at keeping his gift a surprise. Less than 4 days until he is 30!

Short, and not nearly comprehensive, but there it is.
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment