Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23, 2016

I can't believe June is more than half way over! Next week it will be July and we'l be heading to Dallas for the 4th. Crazy!

Father's Day was this past weekend. We made Francis cookie letters in the shape of D-A-D. It was cute but not something I'll ever try again. We decorated making out own Father's day sign out of hand-prints and original artwork.The boys were so excited about it all that we celebrated all weekend. 

Saturday morning after breakfast we ran some quick errands and then Francis got to choose where we went for lunch. He chose BJs. Yum yum! After lumch we washed Francis's car (which doesn't sound as much fun as it was). William then insisted we go to Best Buy so he could "play a couple games" in the store. He cried so hard when we said no. I told him we were going somewhere better and to trust me but he wouldn't. We drove up to Chuck E Cheese and William's eyes grew wide. We had a gift card from the boys' birthdays last year that we used to play games all afternoon. It wasn't crowded and I'm not sure if the kids or Francis had more fun. Hannah especially enjoyed walking from one game to another as they were just close enough she could make it without falling. After we used our tickets to get prizes, we headed to chick-fil-a for dinner (also Francis's choice). the boys played even harder and they were tired when we left, but refused to fall asleep because they knew what was coming. When we got home, Francis bathed Hannah while the boys and I decorated for Father's day. They thought they were being so sneaky and laughed the whole time. Francis knew what we were doing and kindly let them have their fun. 

The next morning I got up early and picked up donuts for breakfast. We then "surprised" Francis with his decorations and presents. He got the new Star Wars movie on Bluray as well as a daddy and Hannah book (a board book of Francis and Hannah together that he can read with her) to complete his collection. the book made him tear up a bit as he read it. I then showed him a video I had made of the kids talking about what they loved about their daddy. It was stinkin adorable and also made Francis tear up again. We went to church after breakfast and afterwards, Francis chose Dickey's for lunch. We capped off the day with a dance party at home (Francis got to play some video games while the kids "napped") and then a family movie night with Wing-stop for dinner. After the kids went to bed we watched Star Wars just the two of us. Some years I have not done so hot with Father's Day, but this year, I think I did pretty good!

Hannah's walking around more and more. She's also getting into everything. I don't remember the boys being quite this determined to explore every nook of every cabinet. She waits for the perfect moment and darts in. Gotta keep my eye on her! Robert has become much more articulate, so I now have two kids who can tell me what she's up to when my back is momentarily turned. Robert is becoming a very good singer. He knows the words to a ton of songs and asks what they are when he doesn't know. He is also growing a bunch these past couple weeks. He is wearing a mix of 2T and 3T but the 2t is beginning to be too small. Big boy!  William has been asking really good questions lately such as "Why do years count down and then back up (refering to AD and BC)", and "Can you tell me the continents so I can learn them?" He has aslo asked about clocks and time, denominations of money, planets in out solar system, slavery, and so much more. I am loving this age to be sure! 

Other than the regular activities (Grocery store, bible Study and the library), I went to a preschool/kinder/elementary homeschool meet up group for moms who have young children and are planning to homsechool. I got a lot of good information. I am going to the local homeschool Expo either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm starting to feel less alone. I'm still praying for that friend and/or mentor to come along, but if not, I will trust His leading. These are exciting times!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment