Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 16, 2016

Well, last week we were in Dallas, ergo I was unable to post.

Saturday before last, Francis, the kids and I went to Houston for Asher's first birthday party. It was fun to see Angel, Austin and their families, as well as Cyndy and Chris. The kids loved seeing Ranger and Asher, but Robert has taken a special shine to his cousin Abby. He waited and waited for her and when she arrived he couldn't help but hug her. She held out her hand and the walked around holding hands more than once at the party. He now pray so Abby every night at dinner. It's adorable. The party was a success and fun was had by all. All in all a wonderful use of a Saturday!

Sunday after church, the kids and I headed to Dallas for the week. Francis had a "retreat" with his research group near El Paso, and I didn't want to be by myself all week. Francis's parents met me along the way and helped me get into town. It was a HUGE help as Hannah is still not fond of the car. It was such a fun week!

The kids had swim lessons on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. My parents hired a private tutor to work with the kids including Christian's twins. So William had a private lesson and then Robert (or some days vice versa) and then the babies all had mommy and me class together. Robert was not a fan of the lessons, but he did learn to ask before going in the pool. Hannah learned to hold her breath underwater for 5 seconds and to kick and reach in the water. William flourished. He went from having to use a float or sinking to knowing how to swim across the pool with no float and no help. He has learned to kick effectively, hold his breath, breathe when surfacing and even how to jump off the side of the pool and swim to the wall safely. He worked so hard and saw his hard work pay off. We went swimming this week and he was zipping around the pool like it was second nature. It's amazing the difference a week of lessons can make!

Tuesday before last Kristi and the girls came over to my mom's house to hang out. We all swam and had such a delightful time that we lost track of time and got poor Kristi stuck in traffic on her way home. I'm so sorry Kristi! It was fun having them though and I wouldn't have traded that time. Tuesday night my in-laws watched the kids so may parents, Danielle and I could go watch the new Captain America movie. The movie was good, but someone brought in a little girl and let her run wild which was less than ideal. Oh well.

Wednesday was super fun. After swim lessons, my dad took the boys to lunch and my mom, Danielle, Christian Dani's friend Nikki and I  (along with Hannah and the twins) went wedding dress shopping for Danielle. I cried more than once just picturing what a beautiful bride Danielle will be. I'm happy to say she did indeed find the dress and I got to see her say yes. As one of my main love languages is quality time, this did my heart a world of good and my cup overfloweth. Love you sister!

Thursday was our off day, so my mom, Danielle, the kids and I went to the Heard Museum where we saw and learned about all sort of wild animals. I like the butterfly garden, Hannah liked being able to touch many of the exhibits and the boys like looking at the snakes. Fun was had by all! My mom even bought the kids souvenirs. "It's like my birthday!" William exclaimed.  Ashley came over that night so I got to catch up with her. It made a fun day even better!

We got to swim almost every night that week. The boys slept hard and the kids actually napped most days. Saturday we went to a splash pad, had lunch, and then drove home. Audrey brough over dinner and helped me put the kids to bed. Then we got to watch Dr. Thorne on Amazon Prime. So good! Audrey, I don't tell you enough just how awesome you are. Thanks for the help!

I got the kids to church by myself on Sunday and we survived until Francis got home near bedtime. We had really missed him and I am SO SO glad he's home. I love him!

This Tuesday we started summer Bible study at church. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store, but I did find out they finally bumped up Hannah from the baby room. It's only a matter of time before they do it on Sunday too. My big girl! She is walking all over doing two and three steps at a time. She is able to stand herself up from sitting without pulling up on anything and like walking to her brothers especially. It's only a matter of time before she is running all over! Tuesday afternoon we were invited to go swimming with Tracy and her kids. After a week of swim lessons I feel much better about all of my kids being in the pool. It was a delightful time I hope we can repeat soon!

Today has been rough. I'm not feeling well and Francis has had to come home to take care of the kids (Lord bless him!). I am going to lay down now, but I couldn't let any more time go by before I updates. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment