Thursday, August 6, 2015

August 6, 2015

Baby girl is almost 2 weeks old. That happened so fast! 

Sunday we took Hannah to church for the first time. She was so interested that she was awake nearly the whole time. That's good except she kept making noises during our teacher's lesson on fasting so I had to leave. Something about random grunting and such seemed inappropriate given the topic (but it was a little funny). Everyone in the hall oohed and ahhed over her which made momma the happiest of women. Overall it was a success!

Francis had this week off and I am so glad. I am not sure what I would have done without the extra set of hands. Next week will be interesting! The boys have been great. We survived grocery shopping on Monday and Little gym classes on Tuesday with no real excitement, which was wonderful. Hannah is still sleeping most of the time, though the twilight hours seem to be her most alert. She's generally most awake from 6:30pm until nearly 9:30 or 10. She's just as happy as can be most of the time. She coos and just looks around, ever curious. The boys LOVE her. They want to show her all their toys and are very disappointed when she is asleep and can't see them. They want to hold her and kiss her and William will not go to sleep at night without one last Hannah hug. It's completely adorable. I'm so blessed. 

So far I've only had one bout where all three of my children were crying at once. It is extremely hard to hold all three but somehow I managed it. Not sure how. Probably wont ever work again.

Hannah had her "two week" check up yesterday a couple of days early. She was a champ when they took her blood for the newborn screening. The doctor was impressed as Hannah had not only regained her birth weight (7lb 10 oz) but had actually gained weight beyond that was was already 8 lbs. and 21 1/2 inches long. I'm not surprised; this girl is a good eater. She would eat all night if she could. I am so proud of how she is growing. I could just stare at her all day long (this is true for all of my kids). People who see her say she looks just like a baby doll. I would have to agree. My beatiful, sweet Hannah. I love her so much! 

Next week will be a true test of my mettle as I will be going solo for the week. This will be harder than it would be normally for reasons I cannot yet mention (but should be able to bring to light next week!). Please keep me in your prayers. I am not fully recovered, but am feeling pretty good. I hurt in my back when I stand for too long or walk too much, so I will try to take it reasonably easy. I am so grateful for all the delicious food that has been brought to us over these past weeks. I have not yet had to cook and that is the biggest blessing I could receive right now. I only wish all of you knew what an impact you've made. 

Till next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment