Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March 24, 2015

Last week was crazy! It was a great week, but it blew by.

First off, I have to officially announce we are having a GIRL! Hannah Cynthia Phillips is coming to us sometime around July 28. We are so thrilled. When the nurse told Francis, he still went a little pale(to be fair, he went pale when we found out the boys were boys too), but he has since recovered and is fully on board with the pink that is coming. I would have been happy either way, but I am now looking forward to loving my mother-daughter time just as much as I love my mother-son time. It's gonna be great!

 The boys love the idea of a sister. William keeps talking to Hannah all the time, insisting she can understand everything he says. He tells her how much he loves her and how much we all love her. It's so sweet. Today at the grocery store, a newborn girl was in front of us in line at the checkout, fussing while her mom unloaded the cart. William stood up in our cart so she could see him and started talking so sweetly to her. She perked up and even cooed at him. William was so delighted! He turned around to me and said, "Mommy! Can we get one of those?" I told him Hannah would be here soon and he got excited all over again. He gave me a huge hug and said, "That will be great!" Robert is equally enthusiastic. He points to my tummy and says, "baby!" Both boys pretend they can feel the baby move every time they touch my stomach, and giggle with delight that she has "kicked" them. Hannah is moving pretty frequently now, so it won't be long before they feel her for real. I'll be interested to see what they do.

I've already acquired some pink items as gifts from my mom and mother-in-law. My dad said jokingly (after he said how thrilled he was) that he could feel the plastic in his wallet melting from all the use. I think Hannah will be well looked after (just like her brothers) especially if the grandmas have any say!

My mother and mother-in-law were both here last week. My mom was just her over night on Monday to Tuesday so we only saw her for a few minutes that morning. Any time is better than no time, though! My mother-in-law came for a mini spring break. We hadn't seen her since Christmas, so the boys were overjoyed to have some much desired Nana time. Thursday we went to the mall. The boys both got new (light up) tennis shoes, and after eating and playing on both playgrounds, they still had energy for Inflatable Wonderland. Nana followed them around (they'd already worn me out) for a could hours before we called it a day. The boys even got a balloon spider-man and lion as we were leaving. Talk about a red-letter day! After a nap, we had dinner at Cheddar's. Francis joined us at home where I kidnapped him for a date while Nana watched the boys. She managed to get Robert down pretty quick (though he did wake up as usual), and got to watch Cars with William before he went to bed. Francis and I went to see Cinderella. I cried through the whole thing (I'll blame the hormones) and had a wonderful time. Francis didn't hate it, and since he chose the movie (albeit for my sake), I'd call that a win! Thanks!

Friday, Nana, the boys, and I drove down to San Antonio to go to Sea world with Cyndy, Chris and cousin Abby. The boys were so happy to see Abby, and fun was had by all. The weather kept threatening to be ugly, but it didn't end up raining until we left. We got to see two shows, tour the aquarium and the kids rode rides. It was a perfect day! The kids slept nearly all the way back and woke up just in time for the Luau party at The Little Gym. How in the world they had the energy to run around for another hour, I have no idea! But they did! I also learned Robert knows his colors. I told him to go get the red ball, and he did. Then I told him to go get the orange ball, and he did. I repeated this with all the colors that they had and he was right every time. He's a smart cookie! Best part of the day for me was that Francis joined us for dinner. We had Wings N More and I got to sit by my hubby! O Happy Day!

Saturday Nana, Francis, the boys and I went to Toys R Us to set up Hannah's registry. I didn't put much on it yet, but I wanted to at least look around. We had lunch with Nana at BJs before she headed back to Dallas. William was nearly in tears when she left and gave her a big big hug and kiss. He told me we need to visit her or she needs to come back soon (and bring Grandad).

That's mostly it for now. My heart is full and the boys are resting. I guess I should get some stuff done!

No comments:

Post a Comment