Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14, 2014

So glad I had this past week. Really and truly I am. Some weeks are so hard, you want to quit. And then others just let you know your job is worthwhile. This past week was the latter.

I'm not gonna lie. Last Thursday was rough. I ended the day with William having had three (THREE!) accidents and me wearing his pants on my head to prove it truly was not a shirt (he wouldn't believe me). That's the short version and as I would like to not dwell on it, I will leave it there.

Friday, on the other hand, was a DREAM. It was one of those days movies use to romanticize motherhood. Up until Friday, I kinda thought that with two kids, these days were just a myth. William started off the day by saying, "I like you Mommy. You're the best." I told him that he was the best and he said, "no really mommy. You're the best. Later in the day he told me, "Mommy, You're my best friend. I really love you." Those are words that I will hold onto forever. Friday for lunch, we went out with Angel and her son Ranger. William and Ranger lit up when they saw each other (they are best friends) and ran and gave each other a hug. They are sweet boys and lunch was positively delightful. After lunch William demonstrated (as he has been doing a little more every day) his imaginative play, questioning and creative skills. He made me be a bear, Robert be a lion, the dogs be a bat and bear and he was a snake. He remembered the whole time who was what and acted accordingly. It was amazing! He also lost a toy and got one of his stuffed animal dogs to "sniff it out". He has also been asking me why and how questions. I can hardly keep up! Robert took great naps on Friday and lived up to his nickname, "Mr. Smiley". He's more alert and interactive each day. He turned 4 moths old on Friday. He's so big!!!!

Saturday was another dream day. I know, two in a row!!! Francis, the boys and I spent the morning at the New Austin children's Museum, the Thinkery. It was a blast!!! I don't know who had more fun, the boys or Francis. They had a whole room dedicated to light experiments, another area for construction, one for aviation (making a plane and shooting it out of an air cannon), and the upstairs had a play farm/produce/cafe area, a  reading nook, and a water room with the sign "you will get wet" posted. Oh, and an amazing space themed playground outside. After all the fun, we picked up lunch and took it home before nap. After nap, Francis took us all out to shoot off rockets. It was the perfect weather for it and the sun setting made the shadows look amazing. We had dinner at Wingstop and talked about how wonderful life is right now. We are truly blessed.

We've been trying to get Robert to sleep more and more in the crib and he's doing better. He doesn't like it, but he's learning to deal with it. Sunday we had church, and then lunch with friends before taking it easy at home.

Monday we did our regular grocery run in the morning. William asked me to tell him about Jesus. I said "what about him?" William responded, "his love!" So I proceeded to tell how Jesus came as a baby, lived a perfect life, died and rose again so we could be with God. William listened intently and then said, "tell me again. mommy!" I'm so glad he likes learning about Jesus!!!!Robert had his four month check up in the afternoon. He's nearly 16 lbs, 25 1/2 in and his head it still big. The doctor was very impressed with him! He has awesome head and body control, smooth skin and is happy. Yay!!!!

Today was show week at TLG. William got an award, but really just wanted to play. I enrolled Robert for his first class next week. We'll see how it goes!

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment