Thursday, February 20, 2020

February 20, 2020

It's been busy these weeks. Francis and I had a wonderful early Valentine's Day Dinner while the kids were at Parent's night out a couple of weekends ago. We had steak and it was AMAZING (the company was top notch too). My best friend since third grade, Ashley, came to visit that same weekend and got a dose of our crazy life for a couple of days. She didn't see the big boys much because they had basketball all day Saturday, but Hannah and Andrew loved her so much! We took her to the park and they made her slide over and over again. In fact Andrew grew so fond of her that when we picked him up from church class the following day (Sunday), he went to Ashley instead of me. He never goes to anyone but me. Ashley, the kids can't wait for your next visit and neither can I!

Last Friday was Valentine's Day. The kids have the best grandparents and great-grandparents. They awoke to sweet notes and cards waiting for them on the breakfast table. Each told them how much they are loved. They even got a small gift, a bit of candy and a new toothbrush (compliments of their mom, haha). It was a fun day. The kids had already had 2 valentine's parties, so they also had candy and cards from all their CC friends and Bible Study classmates. We ended the day with Francis and watched Lego Masters as a family on TV. It's really a show that has something for everyone in our family. It was perfect. Francis gave me a doozy of a Valentine's gift. We are going on a cruise! He knows I'm in need of a break and so he booked a trip for the two of us in March. I'm so excited! I've got a good man, and I know it. I love you, Francis!

This past weekend, we went to Houston to celebrate my nephew Jackson turning one. I cannot believe it has already been a year. Abby, my niece, was not feeling well, so we were sad not to see her much. The party had a bounce house, balloon animals, face painting, a ball pit and food. It was certainly a winning combination. We love being able to see and celebrate our cousins. I wish we could see family more often!

Francis had Monday off before heading to Maryland on Tuesday (he is on his way back as we speak). We enjoyed getting to have a little extra dad time! After taking Hannah on her date to get her nails done at the beginning of February, taking Robert to chuck E cheese last week, and taking Andrew to the park on Sunday, I completed my final date of the month with William Monday afternoon. He also chose Chuck E Cheese. I treasure these times with my kids. They get to tell me things without interruption that I might not otherwise hear. Next month is Francis's turn, and I'm already looking forward to my turn again in April. I think it's time well invested and something my kids will remember.

Well, life not all roses over here (I'm currently dealing with one kid who threw up overnight and another with diarrhea). I'm tired, not as patient as I want to be, and I never get as much done as I want. But if I'm honest, I wouldn't change it (we'll I'd change the throw up situation...) and I wouldn't trade it.

Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment