Thursday, October 17, 2019

October 15, 2019

Life never stops around here. The last 3 weeks are no exception. We've had CC, bible Study, Library, science classes at Lick Creek Park, football practice and games. ice skating lessons, a trip to Dallas, trip to Houston, and a field trip. And that's just a few things. I'm still teaching for VIPKid and have a pretty steady schedule of regulars now. It is fun to get a peek into someone else's life and family across the world, and I'm honored that they let me in.

Weekend before last, the kids and I went to Dallas to go to the State Fair of Texas. Friday the kids and I got to go with Christian and her kids to the Dallas Zoo. WE had a great tine and it was a good practice for walking at Disney. We got to celebrate my mom's birthday with almost the whole family. The kids got some cousin time, were able to swim at my in-laws' and my parents' houses, and had a blast. Sunday we went to the fair with my in-law's and my family. The kids loved the animals, the fireworks and the shows. My personal favorite was the return of the bird show! We had front row seats. Hannah, Issac and Alexandra even got to hold the perch for the first bird to land on. It was so fun! Lest you think we abandoned Francis, he actually likes being home alone for a weekend to recharge. He's an introvert and I know we overwhelm him often, haha. He got to enjoy some peace and quiet. I'm not sure what that's like but it sounds delightful!


Last weekend Francis and my mother went to the ground breaking for Bush Combat Development Complex and then on to the A&M game. Francis met all sorts of important people including members of the Bush family. It was a good day for him. Francis's parents, my dad, the kids and I went to William and Robert's (very cold) football game. My in-law's, the kids and I went on to Houston. We had lunch with the Boergers and then got to watch my niece Abby play volleyball. We all then went to Blessington Farms for the pumkin patch. There was so much to do and the kids love doing it all! Midafternoon, I started feeling a tightness in my chest. I tried to ignore it, but by the time we left and started to head to dinner, my head was hurting and it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Although I have fall asthma, I haven't felt like this in years. My gracious mother-in-law drove me all the way home where I was able to use a nebulizer and get things under control. I am so thankful for her! This week I've been *trying* to take it easy so I don't have another flare up. I'm secretly hoping for a freeze to kill off whatever blooms this time of year and causes me pain. Fall can be rough!



Yesterday was Francis's birthday! The kids and I had a field trip to A&M to hear 3 astronauts talk about their experiences in space. It was fascinating! Afterwards we met Francis on campus and had lunch with him. We never get to see him at lunch during the week, so this was super special. I spent the afternoon with the kids making an pineapple upside down cake and lasagna. My little helpers were excellent and the food came out delicious. We also managed to squeeze in Wednesday night church between all the festivities. Happy birthday, Francis! 
We are about to head out to Bible Study so I should end here. I will say the kids are all growing and changing before my eyes. Andrew in particular has turned into a kid and is no longer a baby. He plays with his siblings, understand simple command and even shares...well...once in a while. I am working with him on baby sign language because he really wants to tell me things. He's getting so big and running everywhere! 



Till next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment