Friday, August 23, 2019

August 23, 2019

The last couple of weeks have been a blur. I applied for and started a new part time job with VIPKid. I am teaching children in China English online. I set my hours (though due to the time difference that is only morning or evening). I'm still getting my feet wet and there is a learning curve with online teaching, but I think I'm getting better. I never thought I would be doing this, but here we are! I think it will be a good experience and the children are seriously adorable!

The boys had their friend birthday party last Tuesday at Grand Station. One nice thing about summer birthdays as well as most of your friends homeschooling is that you can have a party during the week and take advantage of weekly specials. The kids got to bowl and play laser tag and had the best time. They all want to play laser tag again soon, so hopefully we can set up a daddy kid night with our life group soon.

The end of last week, everyone but Robert was sick. Between cleaning up the ick, taking care of tired kids and feeling bleh myself, I was worn out. A friend, not knowing the extent of our exhaustion, found out we were sick and secretly dropped stuff on our porch during her lunch hour. I got a text from her to look outside and there in my door step was soup, a bag of Sonic ice (the good stuff, yeah!), Gatorade, sprite,  crackers, activity books for the kids and Kleenexes. I started bawling. It was up there with one of the sweetest things that had been done for me. She's the friend I want to be. It inspires me to be better.

We had CC orientation on Tuesday. The kids all met their tutors and had fun with their new classes. I think it's going to be a great year!!!

I don't have much more to say. I've been spending every "spare" moment working to get a handle on the new job, and we've been going through our routine when we haven't been sick. Playgroup eneded for the summer as we tried out the new Fun for all park with friends and now that public school has started, things have settled down a bit. Not for long though! Ice skating (Hannah), football (William and Robert), AWANA, Bible study and CC start up over the next couple of weeks. It's going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment