Wednesday, April 17, 2019

April 17, 2019

Things are very quiet around here...but I'll get to that.

This past week has been good overall. Last Thursday Andrew made through the whole Bible Study in the nursery for the first time. Up until recently I've been bringing him into class with me and even after that I have had to pick him up in the middle to feed him. It's a good sign he's growing up and I'm glad.

Friday evening was the last Junction (parents' night out) until the fall. After we dropped off the kids, Francis and I went to see the new movie Shazam at Star Cinema Grill. It was cute and the food was good. Saturday was a long and crazy day. We got up and checked if the boys' soccer games were cancelled due to weather (they weren't), so Francis took William to his game while I took the other 3 to the George Bush Library Easter egg hunt. Due to the weather threat, the even was moved indoors which meant we had to wait in line to get in and it was extra crowded. We did manage to get a picture with the Easter bunny and do the egg hunt/games before Francis brought William to me and took Robert to his game. After William did all the things he wanted at the event, the three kids I had and I picked up food and headed home in a bit of an overcast windy gloom. We ate quickly and I changed Hannah into her dance costume and as soon as Francis got home, Hannah and I went to get her class pictures done for dance. As soon as we arrived, the weather took a turn for the worst so we got inside. while Hannah was getting her pictures done, I found out there was a tornado in Franklin (35 miles north of us) and that we were under a sever thunderstorm warning. Keeping a careful eye on the radar, when Hannah got done (I can't wait to see how they turned out!) we left in between bands of the storm and made it home in time before another downpour. After a short time, the storm finally passed and we were able to do a final activity- attend a birthday party at jumping world. The kids had a great time. There was a scary moment though where Hannah fell off a 10ft platform and hit the cement ground (she was miraculously fine). She was supposed to jump onto an inflatable mat, but grabbed hold of the platform instead and landed underneath the platform on the cement. My heart stopped momentarily, but other than a little crying and needing an ice pack on her leg for all of two seconds, she didn't let it stop her from running around and enjoying the est of the party. When we left, the sun had come out and it felt as if a week had passed. Weird.

Sunday was the last AWANA for the spring and the awards ceremony. William received his Sparky award, Robert received his first book award and Hannah finished Cubbies book A. William and Robert were both selected to read verses during the ceremony to represent their particular grades. I'm not sure how they were chosen, but hearing them read scripture proudly brought tears to my eyes. Francis also finished his 5th year volunteering with Cubbies. I am so thankful for a man so willing to serve and invest in our children.

Monday I spent the day packing up the three big kids' suitcases. Why? Becuase yesterday morning I met my dad part way between here and Dallas and he took them back with him. William and Robert will be spending time with their cousin Issac and my dad in order to go camping in Tyler early and do manly things. Hannah was dropped off at my sister Christian's house so she and her cousin Alexandra could have girl time for a couple of days before we all meet up in Tyler on Friday for Easter camping with the whole Noble Family. I am thankful for a family that loves my kids.

Part of the reason the kids all 3 left is because this morning Andrew had surgery to get tubed put in his ears. He's had constant ear infections for over 5 months and recently failed his hearing test due to all the fluid in his ears. It was a long night of being up with him and a rough morning of waiting, but he came out of surgery just fine and is in the swing next to me sleeping (finally). I can already tell a difference in his responsiveness to sound. Sounds that normally would be ignored are now of sudden and immediate interest. I look forward to seeing what other wonderful things come out of my baby no longer being in constant pain. I'm hoping he will finally get a good nights rest so I can too. For now, I will go back to cleaning out the school areas and preparing for the next school year while I have a moment of quiet.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment