Wednesday, February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

The past couple of weeks have brought some changes around here. Francis made it back safely from Maryland and he had a productive trip. Nana and Grandad came to visit weekend before last and got to see William perform at his basketball game and then we spent the afternoon at one of the kids' favorite places: Urban Air Trampoline Park. It was fun for all and I am so thankful the kids have such amazing grandparents.


Last week was Valentine's Day and the kids had not one, but two Valentine's parties! The first was at CC on Tuesday. The second was at Bible Study. While it was very fun and the kids had a great time, it was sure a lot of Valentine's to make! All said and done, I think we did around 80! Tuesday  morning the kids woke up to cards and small gifts from us and their grandparents. Andrew really liked his stackable toys and looked super cute in his hugs and kisses Valentine's outfit. For dinner we had a special dinner together and played at home. It was a good day overall. Friday we had Junction (parents' night out) so the kids went to church while Francis and I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse for a nice dinner. I'm thankful for a church that gives us the opportunity to have a night out. I was a little concerned about leaving Andrew as he's gotten to where he doesn't like me leaving the room, but the experts in the nursery got him to sleep the entire time we were gone. Win!

This past Saturday was particularly special. After William's basketball game, we went to Houston to meet the newest member of the family: My nephew Jackson Boerger. We visited the hospital and the kids were able to meet him and play with their cousin Abby. I even got to hold Mr. Jackson. I can attest to the perfect little bundle being the highlight of 2019! My heart melted as I looked into his sweet little face. That little guy is loved far more than he will ever know. I did my best not to cry from joy while I was there (I teared up), but when we left I cried happy tears and praised God for the miracle of his life and his safe delivery. Welcome to the world, Jackson!

This week has been quiet but busy. Andrew is good at rolling around and can get up on all fours, but shows no sign of desiring to crawl. He can walk around quickly in the walker and can stand independently. He even tries to walk by letting go of things and taking a step...which ends in him landing on his bum or his face. But he's close! So it's possible he'll skip crawling all together. He smiles at anyone who will give him the time of day and still hates naps. He can get to anything on the floor and does, much to his siblings' chagrin. They love making him smile and he loves being prat of the group. I love seeing all of them bond.

Hannah is all spunk and sweetness. She is a sponge and is quick to correct when she sees an error has been made. She loves doing her "schoolwork" and already wants to learn to write her letters and numbers. She loves hanging out with her brothers and her friends and is at present the most extroverted of the bunch (which is saying something). She may be smaller and younger than many of the kids she hangs out with, but she doesn't let that stop her from keeping up. Her favorite spot is still my lap and I will love that for as long as it lasts. She lives up to the name "Princess Hannah" and we love her for it.

Robert is growing so much that every time I turn around I notice the change. His height has increased again and his mind is overflowing with information. The "what ifs" never stop flowing and lead to good deep conversations that I never thought I would have with a 5 year old. He is so loving and is the best at finding a way to compromise with his siblings. He is sharp and knows not only what his is doing for school, but is such an avid listener that he can generally answer most of the questions from his siblings' work too. He loves to listen to his memory work on his MP3 player at night and probably can recite more verses, history facts and science information than most adults.

Monday the 11th  was William's half birthday. He wanted ice cream to celebrate turning 7 1/2 and I'm all about celebrating. I can't believe he's already more than halfway to 8. His mind is changing as he challenges what we say with logic (sometimes good and sometimes bad). I am working on the balance between helping him think critically and making sure he isn't disrespectful in the process. He's a sweet boy and so smart, and I want him to cultivate a spirit of curiosity and also wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment