Friday, April 6, 2018

April 6, 2018

We went camping last weekend for Easter. We go every year with my parents' Sunday school class and this year was no exception. We drove up with a loaded van on Thursday evening, setting up camp in the dark. It was a bit of a struggle to get everything put together, but we managed and the kid eventually fell asleep. Friday morning was beautiful, with a soft layer of fog sitting on the lake as the sun rose. The kids were anxious to get into all things camping, so after breakfast my dad took the boys fishing and my mother and I took Hannah out in a canoe. The boys fished on and off most of the day, anxious to try to catch something. They even went out in the canoe with Francis to try to fish from it, but had no luck. After a hot dog lunch, I set up the kids' play tent and Hannah was quick to make some friends and invite them over. A guy I grew up with (whose dad teaches my parent's class) has two girls around Hannah's age, and the three of them had a delightful time with balls, hammocks, the tent, and even a ride in the "carriage" behind Francis's bike. They played and laughed for hours until dinner time. But dinner was worth it. We had steak. It's always good and this steak was amazing! The kids all ate up and the adults did too. We had Good Friday service on the lake with about 75 people. William asked what reconciliation was which kinda threw Mr. Schultz, but otherwise thing went smoothly. It was great to see people with whom I grew up now have their spouses and children there. It's a tradition that means even more since we gather to celebrate the Savior Jesus. Friday evening we had s'mores around the fire (though Kevin wanted peanut butter on his for some reason). Robert started complaining about his ear. It was the precursor to a very rough night of him screaming and crying about the pain. In the morning Francis and I took him to urgent care while my parents, Danielle and Kevin watched Hannah and William. Turns out poor Robert had a double ear infection brought on by his allergies. We got him some medicine and saw near immediate improvement. Robert really liked having all of my and Francis's undivided attention. We will have to take him out again sometime when he's not sick! Burgers for lunch came before an afternoon of playground time and fishing. We also managed an Easter egg hunt where the kids had a blast. Most of the group went to Mercado's (Mexican food) for dinner where we were able to chat with even more friends about times past and present. My not-at-all-tired kids managed one more evening around the fire before finally passing out and not stirring all night. Sunday we had morning service which included the Lord's supper. We then packed up, had lunch nearby with the family, and then headed home. It was a great weekend, and the kids loved time with their Papa, Sweetie, Aunt Dani and Uncle Kevin.

This week has been slow and fast all at the same time. I can tell my body is trying to decide whether or not it wants to be sick again, so I've had to take a few naps to keep up. We only have about a week left of the kids school work, so I'm hoping once that is off my plate I can focus on the upcoming months before I get too huge to be of any good. Here's hoping!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment