Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 28, 2018

It;s been a crazy couple of weeks. Last Thursday we had my 20 week appointment. Baby was healthy, kicking up a storm and talking to us (opening and closing mouth) the whole sonogram. The sonographer said she hadn't seen anything like it. The kids came with us and loved seeing their new baby live and semi-in person. Francis was able to come too, which made the whole thing just perfect. We did find out what we are having, and as soon as I get the sonograms all scanned in, we will be letting the world know.

We had Abby's party in Houston last Saturday. We went and had lunch at Cyndy and Chris's house before the official party at a trampoline park. The kid had fun and got to spend a couple of hours expending energy. We had dinner at a Mexican restraunt and celebrated Chris's birthday before heading home. It was a good day!

I managed to stay well for a few days last week before I started getting sore under my arms. I knew it was my lymph nodes and that an infection was likely coming. Sure enough, Tuesday morning I could feel my neck lymph node (left side) swelling up again. It had newly wired my jaw shut by dinner, but Francis made an appointment for this morning for me with a new doctor. This doctor thinks the infection never fully went away last time and was simply hiding while I had the flu and cold in between flair ups. She gave me a new prescription that she thinks will do the trick. I'm tired of months of being sick. It's time for a healthy season.

Baby has been kicking away and even though most of them are blocked by my placenta, I am starting to feel them more and more often. The kids are ready to start feeling kicks, so hopefully that time will come soon. Hannah is all ready to change diapers and feed this baby. We'll see how that goes come July. The boys are still super excited too.

We will be busy for the next little bit as Francis has a conference in Denver next week and the kids and I will be celebrating Spring break. We really only have a few more weeks of school before we finish all our curriculum, so this will be a nice break before the home stretch. William has already finished 2nd grade math, so that has lightened our daily load a bit.

Well, that's all I've got the ability to write right now. I'm tired, and the kids are all in need of help with different tasks. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment