Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23, 2017

We have air conditioning!!! As of Thursday we have air conditioning. It was a rough 12 (12 is you count the first Saturday) days of heat, but we made it. I had to struggle a bit here and there to finally get the unit delivered (someone had their wires crossed), but that is quickly becoming only a memory. whew!

We found all sorts of ways to stay out of the house. Monday was grocery day. Last Tuesday we had Bible Study and Wednesday we went for a pool play date at the Browers' house. Thursday was the big day, and it was was even bigger for William. Robert and Hannah went to Preschool fun days at church where they had a blast. William got to go to Summer Fun days with the Children's Ministry. They went to Grand Station for 3 hours where they had unlimited laser tag, bumper cars, bowling, mini golf and a $5 game card. They also had pizza for lunch. Now, William has been fantasizing about this day all summer and talking about his expectations when we pass it on the highway at least once every couple of days. He had built it up so much and I prayed all morning that it wouldn't disappoint. After I picked him up I asked him on our way home, "Was it everything you dreamed it would be?" Without hesitation he said, "Mom, it was even better." I teared up a bit and thanked God. After meditation on his words for a moment I couldn't help but think I will have a similar response when I see heaven. "Father, it is even better" than I could ever have imagined. I love it when my kids make me think, even if they don't know that they do.

Friday we claimed our summer reading prize at the library, picked out activity books at Walmart, and generally started preparing for our international trip this coming week. The kids and I are spending much of the week in Canada and Francis will join us on the weekend for his cousin Daniel's wedding. We are all super excited. My in-laws, the kids and I are flying into NYC and driving to Montreal(about 5 hours) so between the plane ride and the drive, we are going to need plenty of things to entertain ourselves (hence the activity books). I'm sure it will all go fine.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment