Friday, July 29, 2016

July 29, 2016

It's official! I have a 1 year old in this house.

Last weekend my in-laws graciously brought us their extra window unit as our a/c was out for nearly a week (it was finally fixed on Tuesday!). We took a trip with them to Toys R' Us, Chick-fil-a and even to Waller, Texas to meet up with Cyndy, Chris and Abby for dinner. Cyndy had the boys' birthday shirts, which she gave me, and they are adorable!!!!! We all ate dinner and even made our first trip to Bucee's (a store/gas station like no other) before heading home. It was such a good day!

I woke up Sunday and sang happy birthday to Hannah. Even though I had an extra day before she turned one (dues to the leap year), I was still not ready for her to turn one. Don't get me wrong, I love that she's growing up. It is just her turning a year marks the end of a year that included so much change. It passed so fast and we saw God's hand so clearly. I am thankful for that year. Happy birthday Hannah! We had breakfast and went to church. Hannah "picked" BJs for lunch and then those of us who were able took a nap. After that we set up Hannah's birthday present from Francis and me. It was a castle tent! Hannah loved it and so did the boys. With the boys' tent and tunnel, we were able to connect the two tents via tunnel and have had hours of entertainment this week. The boys love being knights and playing with "Princess Hannah". I even get to be "Queen Mommy". So fun! Anyway, I made delicious Lasagna for dinner and we sang and ate cookie cake which everyone enjoyed immensely. It was such an enjoyable day and weekend that I feel like it flew by!

Wednesday we did pictures at Robin's house for all three kiddos. While they were less than cooperative at times, the rain held off long enough for us to have enough light inside and I think we got at least a couple of good ones. Hannah loved her cake smash and thoroughly annihilated said cake. I am thankful for Robin that she opened her home and took pictures of my kiddos. She is such a blessing!!!

Hannah is walking everywhere. She has also developed a bit of an opinion now that she is one. She was always assertive, but she's taken it up a notch. Thursday was the last Preschool Funday of the summer at church. Hannah and I have been dropping the boys off and heading to the mall to play and shop in relative peace. Yesterday while dropping off the boys, Hannah decided she wanted to walk. It took us 15 minutes to leave church. Then we got to the mall. Hannah wanted to walk again. I kept putting her in the stroller to get somewhere, but she would yell at me and insist I let her out. It was seriously the slowest mall trip ever. I'm glad there was nothing I HAD to get or it would have driven me crazy. Instead, I let her have some independence and enjoyed watching her grow. At lunch she climbed out of the stroller while I was ordering and walked away. I took my tray and stroller, parking both at a nearby table. I then went back to Hannah and she tried to walk away, so I scooped her up and brought her to her chair. The ladies at the next table laughed hysterically. They had seen me pull up with the stroller but no baby and were so confused. It made their day to remind them of what it's like to have little ones. Hannah insisted on feeding herself at lunch. I let her, and she did a decent job even if the spoon ended up on the ground a couple of times. She was so hungry that she ate nearly half my food. She's growing!

Yesterday afternoon Hannah had her 1 year check up. We had a different doctor this time and I love her a lot! I think we've finally found "our" doctor for the kids. It took a year but God provided in His times. Hannah is healthy and a whopping 30.25 inches (98 percentile) and nearly 20lbs (scale teetered between that and 19.8lbs-50 percentile). She is healthy and met or exceeded all the benchmarks for her age. What else is there to say? I'm just so thankful for her!!

This post has been a little Hannah-centric but she did turn one after all, lol. The boys are doing great. We are now nearly done with week 2 of homeschooling for William and Robert is doing some "school" of his own when not napping. Robert is also honing his negotiating skills (which William had more than mastered), which is mostly to my advantage because now I can reason with him and generally avoid most fits.

That's all I have for now. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment