Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17, 2013

The Phillips' hotel is still in full swing. My sister Christian is here for the week for what she calls "baby prosecutor school. William has really enjoyed having her around in the mornings and evenings. They dance and play and generally have a good time. It's so cute!

Last Tuesday, my grandparents. Jamama and Japapa, arrived without getting lost in the mid afternoon. We relaxed and I made lasagna for dinner. My mother, Danielle and my cousin Summer did not get home until very late that night (due to the late vote in the Texas House) so they did not get to eat with us.

The next morning, Summer left for New Mexico and my mother and Danielle went back to the capital for the final vote in the house. Fortunately, the vote was over by 11 and they were able to join William, my grandparents and I for lunch at Chick-fil-a. It was quite a celebration! After lunch and a nap (my mom and sis headed home from lunch), I took William and Jamama and Japapa on to The Little Gym. They got to experience what William does and see just how strong he is. I think they were impressed (I always am!). We went straight from TLG to my Dr. appointment with Dr. Brown. My grandparents got to see Robert live on the sonogram. Dr. Brown explained everything they were looking at. This is great grandchild #12 for them, but they've never seen a live sonogram before. It was very special for them. Robert is now head down (Dr. confirmed she thinks I have dropped) and his heart was beating big and strong. After the appointment we had dinner at Souper Salad and then met back with Francis at the house.

Thursday morning Jamama and Japapa headed on after taking a few pictures with William. It was nice to have them here and William now LOVES his "j'papa". He spent the whole rest of the day asking where he was. It was adorable! After cleaning yet again, my mother and Danielle came back Thursday evening for the anti-abortion vote in the Texas senate. They babysat while Francis and I went to dinner at Cheddar's and then saw Despicable Me 2 (super cute!). A great time was had by all.

Friday mom and Dani spent 7am until 1am Saturday (mostly without food, water or a bathroom break) waiting in the gallery for the Senate vote. I am so proud of them for doing this and I respect them so much! Friday I went to the mall with William where he was an absolute angel while I shopped and found what I needed. He has a new word: "quart" which is quarter. He kept saying it while pointing to the slot in the rides at the mall. Little stinker wouldn't give up. I had to bribe him with a cookie, which ironically cost more than the ride would have. Thanks, Sweetie (Mom), for showing him how that works. We also wen to target that afternoon where William picked out a new playdoh set on clearance. He loves his playdoh!

Saturday my mom and Danielle left just as Francis, William and I went to get professional photos taken. We did William's 2 year photos (a couple weeks early), maternity photos and a few family photos. They turned out awesome and I had a very difficult time deciding what to choose! After pictures, lunch and a nap, we all headed to Willliam's friend Jackson's 2nd birthday party at The Little Gym. It was fun and gave us a good idea of what to expect when William has his party there in a couple weeks. All in all, a great day!

Sunday we cleaned the house again after church in preparation for Christian arriving around 7:30. Exhausting! Monday after Chrissy left for her seminar, I took William to the doctor to help him manage his allergies. He's been coughing at night. He's doing much better. It's been raining the past few days and William has been loving it! I am ready for it to be a little less, though I am loving the temperature.

Yesterday marked 10 years of Francis and I as a couple. Ten years ago, Francis asked me to be his girlfriend at the end of the movie Italian Job. I'm so glad I said yes and I love the time we've had together so far. I can't believe it has been a decade, but I'm looking forward to what the next decade will hold for our little family.

Francis, William and I leave for Montreal on Friday to visit his extended family for the weekend. William has not been to Canada and has not yet met most of Francis's Canadian-dwelling relatives. It should be fun, but I am a little anxious about the flight. We will be bringing the TAB, the Kindle, the laptop, and William's phone (Francis's old phone with no service, but a lot of games), so hopefully William will mostly be willing to stay seated while we travel.

Well, Christian is on her way back from her conference today and we are going shopping. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment